English Thread (beginners and bilingual)

Démarré par Noxneo, 12 Décembre 2006 à 18:45

Que de l'anglais dans ce topic !

Actually, I hesitated a bit before posting this thread, but I guess it might prove itself to be pleasant.

Well anyway, this thread is dedicated to conversations in english ONLY.

The purpose is to practice your written english, as other members can correct you.
People can talk about anything here, as long as it's in english.

All right, let's start ! For how long have you spoken english, and how did you learn it ?

I speak english since the age of 8, I learned everything during my stay in the US (1996-1998). My parents placed me in an american school, which was the "hard way" of teaching me english. Today I am in the International School of Lyon, preparing a "Bac International".

And you ? :)

Actually, I should have thought of the fact that many members would use this thread as free flood.

Well, let's try to keep it straight anyway :P

This topic is a good idea, but me my english is bad, very bad. :rolleyes:
Euh... My flowers are beautiful too. :D

Not flood please, because the modos will speak english because the flood. :P J'sais pas si c'est compréhensible là :unsure:

Citation de: Seb le grand le 12 Décembre 2006 à 18:52
My flowers are beautiful !
What's that Hell!Why yours flowers are better than mines?(OMFG!It's Jesus of course!LOL!)

Ow man, Newlink, if you go in london, you'll have to speak better than that !

What's that Hell!Why yours flowers are better than mines?

==

What the hell ! Why are your flowers better than mine ?

:mrgreen:

Citation de: Noxneo le 12 Décembre 2006 à 19:18
Ow man, Newlink, if you go in london, you'll have to speak better than that !

What's that Hell!Why yours flowers are better than mines?

==

What the hell ! Why are your flowers better than mine ?

:mrgreen:

He can speak elf langage however...

12 Décembre 2006 à 19:22 #7 Dernière édition: 12 Décembre 2006 à 19:24 par Link 57
I learn English with my school. It isn't difficult...

Good idea this topic, Noxneo.

Newlink, your new avatar is very good ! ^^
GTO-like is always good.

My english is bad ! But I've got "English Training" by Nintendo, this is super ! I'm progressed  :rolleyes: ... I'm in 4th (class) and english is my second language, my first language is Deutsch !
Have you got flowers ???!!! I haven't got any !
English is not difficult for me ... but english is very difficult for my Chinese friend !

Yes, all my engrish is very well so I learnt that on my school without a teacher whose teach me very good  :mrgreen:

12 Décembre 2006 à 19:39 #10 Dernière édition: 12 Décembre 2006 à 19:43 par BenObiWan
Well well well, I think I remember a thread "in English" was already started in this forum. It was a total failure, and if my memory is good it was due to a lack of real topic. Just saying "English here please" won't work, I really think this thead should have a topic.
Your question is a good start, but I don't think it will last long. But let's play along, we will see if the life expectancy of this topic is short or not another time.

So when did I start learning English? Well it feels like it was a long time ago (In a galaxy far far away... oops sorry wrong script :D) I started during what us French call "6e", taking three spoken languages: French (of course!) German and English. I was a bad student... Very bas, worst of the classe. My first marks where around 16 in German and around 8 in English. But as time passed, I started to really like English (I think my English and German teachers had a important part in this like/dislike matter) After two year of studying it was more like 16 in Englsih and 8 in German... I started German again from the beginning in "4e" and took an "European English" class.I made two trips to United Kingdoms during my scolarity, as part of the school program, one of ten days in "4e" living alone in family, and one of two weeks in "2nd". I failed my European Mention at the baccalaureat, too weak on the paper exam.
Then I think I found a way to really improve my skills in English: shortly after the baccalaureat I started to read English books. And that really really help. During my IUT I was first of the class (In English and In general :P)
I passed my TOEIC exam with 900 out of 990 points. After that my English teacher found me a placement in England, Cornwall. there I worked for three month, alone in the middle of a English speaking country, and I really think that's the best way to learn a foreign language.
Since then, I keeps practicing my English by reading books and watching movies, but I miss English conversation. And I think I am not as fluent as I was just after my work placement. I have lost a lot during my "Ecole d'Ingénieur" and now, as I'm not in contact with English speaking peoples at my work I don't really practice except for reading technical documents of course :).

EDIT: Well I found it! Has I said, this is not the first English thread over here, and the last one didn't have a lot of success : http://forums.zelda-solarus.com/index.php/topic,6778.0.html
Citation
Ash Nazg Durbatulùk, Ash Nazg Gimbatul,
Ash Nazg Thrakatulùk agh bruzum-ishi krimpatul.
The fellowship of the Ring - J.R.R. Tolkien

Citation de: BenObiWan le 12 Décembre 2006 à 19:39
alone in the middle of a English speaking country, and I really think that's the best way to learn a foreign language.

Sure is, my 2 years in the US did help me :D

Concerning the topic, we can speak about books, movies, etc, we'll see when the actual topic dies.

I learnt english on 4chan. What is a trap ?  :mrgreen:

You can learn a lot of things on 4chan beside English... :lol:

I am very good to write english, because I have a lot of vocabulary, but I have somes difficulties to speak it.
I'm shy when I have to speak english, however, I am not shy to speak spanish or swedish, my two others language. (Im not speaking about the french, who is my mother language)

Vive la France!!!!!!!!Will,le québéquois qui se prends pour un français!

Besoins de services bancaires pour Animal Crossing: Wild World, demandez à la Parisienne des Banques!
C'est par ici: http://banqueanimalcrossing.vosforums.com/index.php

I'm better to speak English than write it. ^^

It's a topic to pratice your english, you just speak english with the oters members.

Besoins de services bancaires pour Animal Crossing: Wild World, demandez à la Parisienne des Banques!

Your flowers are not beautiful. Your flowers are horrifying, stinky pieces of ugliness. Eww.

;)
- L'homme n'est pas une marchandise comme les autres.
Nicolas Sarkozy, 9 Novembre 2006.

My taylor is rich.

:P
I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.

Will your signatur isn't approied for this forum.The sky is beatiful tonight.
Hihi

What does my signatures haves? It's a very beautiful signature! -_-

13 Décembre 2006 à 01:32 #22 Dernière édition: 13 Décembre 2006 à 01:55 par dark8744
Nice topic!

The only way to learn English well is to speak in English with people and watch some cartoons or movies in English. My English courses were very boring, in secondary. I did stupid crosswords, stupid listening and reading tests. Also, the majority of teachers doesn't have good technic to learn us English. All the time, I slept in my English class, because the activities were so boring.

I learned English at my summer Job, Reitmans. Many workers spoke English and I tried to Speak English with them. It's the best way to learn English easier than boring English courses at School.

I think it's important to know how to speak English, because majority of people speaks in English.... I know, that's a lot. French population is not so high in the world.

Maybe English language is important, but French will be my favorite language and I wish this language continues to grow in the world, forever.

Note:

Citation de: Will le 13 Décembre 2006 à 01:02
What does my signatures haves? It's a very beautiful signature! -_-

Don't put an "s". It doesn't need "s". (just your auxiliary "does")  Third singular is "has" ( no "haves")

BenObiWan've said it, a thread pretty like this one started a few years ago. The goal was the same as the main rule: to write only in English. I agree with BenObiWan when he said we should have a real topic to discuss about. ^_^

:P So...

I started to learn English in fourth grade when I was 8. Since then, I think I've become better, but I had to put my ducks in a row in order to comprehend this language... :rolleyes: I participated to some English camps and it helped me to talk with the correct accent. ^_^

What about your worst English experiences? :D Do you have some funny stories to tell? :)

I   :love: speacking english, its very easy!Is my prefer language. But,french  :fonsde: !

Citation de: cetais le 13 Décembre 2006 à 01:41
I   :love: speacking english, its very easy!Is my prefer language. But,french  :fonsde: !

Corrected: I speak English. It's very easy! This is my favorite language, but French...

Citation de: dark8744 le 13 Décembre 2006 à 01:46
Citation de: cetais le 13 Décembre 2006 à 01:41
I   :love: speacking english, its very easy!Is my prefer language. But,french  :fonsde: !

Corrected: I speak English. It's very easy! This is my favorite language, but French...

My english is not very good...

13 Décembre 2006 à 01:52 #27 Dernière édition: 13 Décembre 2006 à 02:01 par dark8744
You just need to practice. I didn't learn English quickly. I took many years to learn English.

Note: If someone sees mistakes, can you advice?  It's just to not repeat the same mistakes.

Obviously it'll depend on what kind of errors. I'm pretty confident with my English, but certainly not confident enough to correct someone else's expression!

For instance, I would have formulated your demand : "Now, everyone, when you see some mistakes, could please offer some advices? Just for the sake of avoiding repeating them."
But that's just my personal feelings. I might have mixed up "offer" and "give", not like I practice them all that often.
- L'homme n'est pas une marchandise comme les autres.
Nicolas Sarkozy, 9 Novembre 2006.

13 Décembre 2006 à 02:52 #29 Dernière édition: 13 Décembre 2006 à 02:55 par Isaac
I'm impressed.

Why? I never thought that so many members could talk in English.

I learnt to speak in English in Grade 6, I was in Intensive English, a special school year, splited in two. One part you learn the general things (French, Mathematics, Geography), and then the other half, you only speak in English.

I'm not the best English talked of ever (I'm starting to lose my skill, need to pratice a little bit more), but I'm not that bad too. Whatever, this thread is somehow a good idea...

Anyway, I hope it won't finish in flood...

13 Décembre 2006 à 03:12 #30 Dernière édition: 13 Décembre 2006 à 03:28 par chuck
*Vegetable dip*

What a weird thread!! But I like it!

First of all I learned english in sixth grade, but some words stills missing to me.
Thats special, I never knew that english speakers live in France until now, i'm amazed!

Why don't we guys start to talk 'bout something like United States problems or something else? Cause it feels boring around here..
Let's think about something to talk to, come on!
Ohh well forget about that, this is also boring..

Pssst... My flowers pwns you all! And I know that cause mines are bigger than yours!
* I love my "big badass flowers" *

*Came in his pants after sayin' this..*
:rolleyes:

Bubbles, guns, mascara, goats, knees, phone poles, glasses of milk and turntables <-- So much fun ^^

I'm so bored sorry..
I'm out for now, but before this you should find the secret message in my reply!  B)

*laugh my ass off*

Chuck, I think you're being excited because of your new girlfriend man, and me too actually >.< . Rofl, but still it was a nice reply to the topic. Oh well just to make this post a usefull one, well I would say that creating this topic was a great idea. Anyway, I don't really need this topic to practice my english.. :P I am talking every night with U.S.A people on Ventrilo (microphone speaking software).

You and your great anatomy, can you refill my bottle of Chu Jelly? You and you great anatomy oh please kill my enemy!  (Copyright goes to Chuck) Hehe I had to. :o :D

Ok, I'm out, by the way, say hello to your grandma for me. :rolleyes:
It's getting harder and harder these days, but I'll figh and I'll keep incresing my tricking skillz.

Vive Solarus!!!

Nox:

Have you thought that this thread would be a place where all members would try their english talking about their life or other foolish things?
You've to precise once more the goal of your topic.
Signé : Un mec relou

Lord Ganondorf is back just for an English topic. Let us hope that he continues to post here. ^^

I think Lord Ganondorf has nothing more interesting to do...

Hello ! ... My flowers are beautiful lol . I think this topic is so good for English learn ,but my english is so bad as the ass of Noxneo (lol)

I think my English isn't better than your...
I lean English in my College.
And, I was the 2nd of the Big Challenge.
La honte, je parle pas si bien Anglais en fait...

I don't think this topic will go far, as there is nothing except stuff like "This topic was already made" and "My [insert noun here] is [insert adjective here]". Sorry to say that, but unless a real topic is found, the thread is interessless and useless. IMHO.

I'll wait and see...

Think about all the kids who need to practice their english, Sani' :P
Alright, I have a topic for next monday: in King Lear, are the gods just, impassive or destructive ?
And still in King Lear, are the characters the only one responsible of their downfall ?

At least 1000 words each please. :D

I'm currently reading The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, anyone read it ?

I unterstand and I read english, but I don't speak and I don't write very well... Sorry..

Funny thing, I always thought Bridge was english  :P

Pfffff...... I don't know to play bridge... You are dogged!.... Lol

King Lear is a Harry Potter kindof thing right?

Citation de: moicoucou le 13 Décembre 2006 à 18:29
Pfffff...... I don't know to play bridge... You are dogged!.... Lol

In few minutes I believed a was on an imageboard again...

This thread is a little bit boring. I don't know what to say and I'm not alone in this case I see.

13 Décembre 2006 à 23:04 #44 Dernière édition: 13 Décembre 2006 à 23:08 par Mymy
Citation de: Lord Ganondorf le 13 Décembre 2006 à 01:37
BenObiWan've said it, a thread pretty like this one started a few years ago. The goal was the same as the main rule: to write only in English. I agree with BenObiWan when he said we should have a real topic to discuss about. ^_^

:P So...

I started to learn English in fourth grade when I was 8. Since then, I think I've become better, but I had to put my ducks in a row in order to comprehend this language... :rolleyes: I participated to some English camps and it helped me to talk with the correct accent. ^_^

What about your worst English experiences? :D Do you have some funny stories to tell? :)

Oh my god ! Lord Ganondorf is back ! :D What a surprise from a ghost :) *outside*

Don't worry guys, Binbin can't correct this topic because he hates english :mrgreen:

Me, my english is not very good, but I understand :)

Edit : I forgot that : I'm the most beautiful flower in this topic ! Nyark !  B)

Hey Wassup my homies I ain't got a lotta time but I'm just stopping by to say hello  :mrgreen:
I hope you guys are having fun in this topic.
Moreover I got a secret to tell you guys, mymy asked me to correct her english post before posting  ... Just kiddin'  :lol:

Do you know Borat ?
Because my name is Borat and I like you people ! High Five  :lol:

Ok I guess I can go outside now... See you guys later .. or not  :lol:

Citation de: Stitch le 13 Décembre 2006 à 23:20
Moreover I got a secret to tell you guys, mymy asked me to correct her english post before posting  ... Just kiddin'  :lol:
[spoiler] STFU B) [/spoiler]

Citation de: chuck le 13 Décembre 2006 à 22:29
King Lear is a Harry Potter kindof thing right?

King Lear was written by William Shakespeare, aka Willy. It is one of the greatest tragedy of all times (according to my english teacher, that is ^^)

I learned a song from James Blunt in English...

For Seb,
Noxneo always says to me that I belong to a club bridge whereas I can't even play. It's a gag between him and me. A little as when you refer to the slippers offered by Ségolène Royale.. You understood what I said, because my English is not very good.