Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - boaromayo

I've got the same problem on my end too, though my Mac OS version is on High Sierra (10.13.4). I'll do that fix and see if it works out!
I added in the directions for all of the animations for my sprite and it worked.

Thanks for the help again!
Thanks for responding quickly!  :)

The .dat file for the sprite's attached below.
I have a similar issue too.

Whenever I select the second scene from my demo (there's two scenes to choose from), it's supposed to change the hero's sprite to my custom sprite. But, after I select the scene, I get a prompt saying "Fatal: Cannot open data file 'sprites/'".

Here's my code that's producing the error, from "scripts\game_manager.lua":

Code ( lua) Select

-- Code producing game crash.

  function game:initialize_hero()
    local hero = game:get_hero()
    if cursor == 1 then
    elseif cursor == 2 then
      --hero:set_tunic_sprite_id("hero/den_boy") <-- Whenever I set the sprite id to "den_boy", the game crashes. Every other sprite works fine.

I also get no "error.txt" file stating the issue.

Is this a bug in Solarus itself?

Or does it have something to do with my custom sprite having the wrong sizes? My custom sprite is 24x32 per frame.
General discussion / Re: Introductions
June 29, 2018, 05:41:17 PM
No, I don't work at Playtonic Games, sorry.
General discussion / Introductions
June 26, 2018, 10:45:59 PM
Haven't introduced myself formally yet, so hi there, Solarus community!

How I heard about Solarus was from a dissertation paper (Link: I read last year about generating random Zelda dungeons. After finding out that the scripting language for this engine uses Lua, and out of curiosity, I downloaded Solarus.

I'm adept with OOP languages such as Java, C++, and Ruby, and I'm also familiar with other game engines like RPG Maker and Unity.

Currently, I'm planning to use the Solarus engine to make a quest called The Epic of Den. Originally, this game was meant to be coded completely in Java, but I lost interest in the project.

Hope we can get along and make great open-source games!  :)