Remap of Zelda 1

Started by Ezka, December 29, 2016, 12:38:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
"no write directory was specified in quest.dat" -> Did you create your quest as a copy of the ALTTP pack? If yes, you probably forgot to set a write directory in the quest properties.

Just a little project update here. I have now mapped all of dungeon 1 and two and both are traversable. Next I will be working on dungeons 3, then 4...etc... until I finish them all which is when I will start working on all the hidden secrets on the overworld. However  I can't figure out how to add music to the quest. I downloaded a music file and put it in the music directory so I can add it to the quest. And when I did that, and pressed play, nothing happened. I tried that with both the .mp3 format and the .ogg format and both ended up with the same outcome of nothing happening. If someone could help me out here that would be awesome, thanks! Also, how can you create your own font using the editor, I can't seem to figure it out by myself.

Thanks, Ezka

Ogg Vorbis musics should work.
The quest editor does not support the edition of fonts, you have to use external tools to create them. Just like PNG images, actually.

I get that you have to make a png of it, but how would you format that picture. Would you make a grid and put the letters in their? Should i use the image that holds the ALTTP font as the layot for making my own font?

What I mean with PNG is just that the quest editor does not support the edition of image files (you have to use external image software), like it does not support the edition of font files (you have to use external font tools).

Now about fonts, you can either use a regular font file (common formats are accepted, like .TTF) or a PNG image containing the letters in a grid. More details here: http://www.solarus-games.org/doc/1.5/quest_fonts.html

Thanks, I got the fact that I would have to use a image editor such as GIMP to make the file, I was just wondering how to format that image. The link really helped.

This is probably a dumb question but I just can't seem to figure out how to change the font in the game. Any help is appreciated.

There is a fonts folder, just like tilesets, maps, sounds, etc. You can add more fonts there.
Then when you display a text surface, you can choose its font.

Just a little update saying this project is dead. I learned all I could from this and stopped working on it a while back. I finished the overworld and 2 dungeons which are fully explorable. It isn't that interesting but I wanted to upload what I had in case someone wanted to build off it. This is far from perfect but enjoy.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JEjIMxjuKEGJDU2siuvcHLw8bvCV3y42