{SPRITES] Some recolored enemies from LttP

Started by ffomega, February 28, 2017, 12:27:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
February 28, 2017, 12:27:48 AM Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 05:24:40 AM by ffomega
Just thought I'd showcase the little project I'm working on.  I am making a palette swap of ten variants of all the enemies you could ever fight in a Link to the Past.

So far, I have a Soldier (Sword and Dagger versions), Bubbles (Anti-Faeries), Hard Hat Beetles, and Bari/Biri:

The standard green, blue, and red varieties are there, but I decided to include purple, yellow/gold, teal, navy, orange/fire, brown,copper, and black/gray.

I feel like ten of each is plenty for enemy variants.  I am already working on adding a matching enemy model for each sprite in the sheet for the enemies folder.  The soldiers all use the same sword, as you can see there is only one set of animations for all the soldiers to use.  I figured there would be no reason to make the file any larger by adding more sprites to it.  I picked a universal color for the sword that everyone can wield.

The soldiers are currently the only sheet to include a 'burning' (on fire) animation and a frozen animation.  As I create more sheets, the animations for enemies that can be frozen or burned will be included (for instance, the Hardhat Beetle can be frozen and burned in LttP, but does not have these animations yet).

Also, in case someone asks, I did use some extra colors for the sprites.  If you look at them they have an additional color to areas of their palette which, I believe, enhances them a bit.  Some of the sprites, like the Dagger-wielding solder (called Simple Soldier in the enemy list), has a yellow shield with added colors.  In the original LttP, this shield changed colors depending on the color of the soldier (within the palette).  However the blue and red variants of that soldier were never in the game, so I decided it would be alright to give them all the same color shield.

My tilesets page can be found here:
http://absolute-hyrule-tutorials.solarus-games.org/

Note that the sprite you used for the sword soldier is the one from ZSDX, not the one from ALTTP. They are a bit different.

February 28, 2017, 10:28:55 AM #2 Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 05:26:35 AM by ffomega
I did notice that, and planned on possibly adding that soldier to the sheet, or swapping it out.  If nothing else this is just a showcase of what I am working on for now :)

I edited the sheet for the soldiers, and created two variants of the sword soldier and simple soldier.  Essentially it's the same sprite sheet but each have different heads now.
My tilesets page can be found here:
http://absolute-hyrule-tutorials.solarus-games.org/