npc suggestion if not already told

Started by Yosha, February 21, 2017, 01:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
February 21, 2017, 01:28:08 PM Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 01:33:18 PM by Yosha
Hello, I don't know if it was already suggested, but I was wondering if it was not possible to add the function "set_drawn_in_y_order" to the npc (the generalized one). I explain myself :
I often have to create a custom entity to replace a generalized NPC because the sprite is more than 16x16 pixel. This could be useful to create a big stone or a letter box or whatever taller than 16 pixels without coding a dialog function in a custom entity and it could avoid to have a lot of them in the entities folder, especially if they are useless (just for a dialog).
Maybe it's not possible or not necessary because custom entity make it, but I think it could be easier to make some "big readable things".

PS: I was thinking of it and it could be usefull for all map entities !

I agree. Actually I was thinking to automatically do set_drawn_in_y_order(true) for all entities whose sprite is greater than their bounding box (and not only NPCs). set_drawn_in_y_order() could then still be called on any entity to change that default behavior.