[UPDATE] Absolute Hyrule Map Package: ADT Alpha Floor Tiles

Started by ffomega, January 28, 2017, 03:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Also, it should be worth noting, that the "black castle" tiles at the bottom of the Full Hyrule tileset have not been given patterns in the editor.  I am going to fix that and will have to re-upload the package.  Once I do please make sure to grab the update :)
My tilesets page can be found here:
http://absolute-hyrule-tutorials.solarus-games.org/

Sorry for the triple post...but the package has been updated with the black castle tile patterns :) Please be sure to update your copies.

lol, the new pokémon generations are really weird! :o
"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you."

Quote from: MetalZelda on January 29, 2017, 02:54:51 AM
This looks more like icy cavern because of the white filter but I like it anyway, it fit the purpose of my water temple :P
Oh god I need to rework all of my project's map now  :-[

It probably does look similar, but if you look more closely, the ice cavern tileset is more cyan in color, while mine is a more HD periwinkle.  Here's the side-by-side comparison:

Another reason the color scheme is darker than the ice cavern tileset is that in the video, this was the color your temple tileset appeared to me.  My eyesight is a bit unique in that, while I am not colorblind, some colors appear slightly different to me in terms of vividness versus dullness.  I can still easily distinguish one color from the next, but for example, a shade of bright purple (magenta) sppears more bluish than pink to me.  Plus, I wear blue-tinted classes (to help block out UV rays).

I also have a bunch of semi-transparent tiles that can all be used to give the whole atmosphere a "deep undersea" vibe to it if you want.  Plus I think it helps the tileset stand out more :)

I am glad that you still like it nevertheless <3

Oh yeah I want that, an undersea vibe for a Water temple is a must have :p

I don't like the gradients on the walls beside lava.
ALTTP and Minish Cap don't use gradients (and don't have enough colors for it anyway), so I suggest this kind of wall, more ALTTP-like:

I just noticed a small mistake: in the outside tileset, castle patterns 12309 and 12310 should be vertically resizable.
By the way, I would love a tutorial about how to use castle patterns, because there are several color sets and transparency tricks that I probably don't master yet.

Thanks for noticing the bug Chris.  I've updated the package with the new data file.  Also, I'll work on a brief tutorial for transparency mapping techniques soon :)

Thanks!
I am trying to make a castle with an arbitrary color from the palette, for example a golden castle. I managed to do this:

I used the semi-transparent castle tiles. I put an opaque yellow extended tile under them. (More exactly, I had to put several of them to hide the fact that some castle tiles overlap each other (since they are semi-transparent, they don't hide other ones!).
Is this how we are supposed to used them?

I still have a small problem. See the red circle: the big yellow tile that gives color also fills the transparent part of the four corners. I don't know how to avoid this problem.

Quote from: Christopho on March 01, 2017, 05:25:27 PM
I still have a small problem. See the red circle: the big yellow tile that gives color also fills the transparent part of the four corners. I don't know how to avoid this problem.

That is surely a problem of the tileset that cannot be fixed from the Editor. I recommend to delete the yellow pixels outside the wall, in the "png" image of the tileset.
"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you."

But that is not possible. The yellow pixels come from the big yellow mask I am adding under the semi-transparent castle tiles:

I need to colorize the corners to yellow, except a few pixels.

I don't know if I am using the correct technique, but if yes, I don't see a solution to this problem.

Aaarrrghhhh :o, I see now the problem. Then this has surely no direct solution, so IMO the possible options are:

1) Ignore the color borders as if they did not exist... heheh :)
2) Add new color patterns to the tileset with a nice border (not recommended since this would be necessary for all colors that use this technique).
3) Add a green triangle border (with the ground color) and put it above the bad borders. You would need 4 patterns, one for each corner of walls.

I would try solution 3) since this would only need 4 new patterns for the "plain grass". However, if you use more ground types under walls like this, you would need more groups of 4 patterns.