The Legend of Zelda: Guardian of Hyrule (WIP)

Started by Buttercup, October 22, 2016, 05:27:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 22, 2016, 05:27:45 AM Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 05:11:30 AM by Innovative Studios
Hey, guys! This is a project that I've been working on for a few months now, but I didn't share it then because I had nothing to share. Well now I have a partial game to share!

https://github.com/Innovative-Studios/Zelda--Guardian-of-Hyrule

Please let me know if there's something wrong with the github link. I am completely new to it, so I'm still trying to figure out how it all works.

Updates
The project has been updated on January 5, 2017. You can view the patch notes via the github link above.

What is this project?

I started this project mainly to help me learn the engine, how to code (I'm a beginner, but know some basics), and most importantly, to study the "architecture" of A Link to the Past. I figured the best way to do this was to take ALttP and expand upon it. This means that the Overworld from ALttP will be in my game, but it will be expanded upon heavily as well as some alterations.

The game will also feature a story that is (hopefully) a bit more complex than your typical Zelda game.

Pictures

Currently, there is not a whole lot to look at. I am still in the midst of making the rest of the overworld and dungeons. And before anyone asks, yes this is the same hud from Mystery of Solarus, but with tweaks.

Known Issues

• Music and sound effect levels are not properly balanced. Currently, the music is much too loud.
  • Some of the hud overlaps other parts at certain times. Namely, the Action Button.
  • Some maps have not been modified to accommodate for the newly changed resolution.
  • New item does not work as intended.

A sequel to ALTTP, interesting, i loved both ALTTP and ALBW for the world and exploration

One thing that's weird is, the resolution is a bit weird, GBA style ?

Quote from: MetalZelda on October 22, 2016, 07:32:59 PM
A sequel to ALTTP, interesting, i loved both ALTTP and ALBW for the world and exploration

One thing that's weird is, the resolution is a bit weird, GBA style ?

Yeah, I screwed up some research there. I was trying to replicate the SNES resolution and I thought that it ran at a 4:3 resolution which led me to 256x192. Apparently, ALttP ran at 256x224. So now I'm in the midst of fixing all that.

This is looking awesome! Keep up the good work! Also, if you had to estimate how much(%) are your done with?

Quote from: Ezka on November 03, 2016, 04:59:14 PM
This is looking awesome! Keep up the good work! Also, if you had to estimate how much(%) are your done with?

Thanks! If I had to take a guess, I'd say between 10-15% depending on how ambitious I get.

Looking good so far, i hope to see this finished.  :)