Need programmers for Game

Started by Nilbot, September 13, 2016, 11:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So I have been working on an idea for a game in my spare time for a few years now. I've been animating sprites and making background textures. The Solarus engine seems to be the best base but I have a few other elements I want to add to it. I have a whole game doc written with basic information as well as some specific information on pivotal mechanics. I'm not much of a programmer but I've been animating and creating sprites for almost a decade now.

Description:
LOZ Zelda / Hyper Light Drifter Action RPG
Minigame (pivotal to story) RTBS with simple mechanics
A system where the players actions determines the antagonists decisions.
Semi-open world

Wow! Your art is really awesome!! If only I could draw so well as you.

I would like to help a little bit with the code, on very small things maybe, but I will not have much free time until the end of this year because of things of my work, so I can't promise (I am also a bit overwhelmed with the creation of my own sprites).

Anyway, if you have some question about how to do something, do not hesitate to ask. :D
"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you."

Quote from: Diarandor on September 13, 2016, 11:33:13 PM
Wow! Your art is really awesome!! If only I could draw so well as you.

I would like to help a little bit with the code, on very small things maybe, but I will not have much free time until the end of this year because of things of my work, so I can't promise (I am also a bit overwhelmed with the creation of my own sprites).

Anyway, if you have some question about how to do something, do not hesitate to ask. :D

Thanks!
Any amount of would help tremendously!

Quote from: Zefk on September 14, 2016, 02:09:40 AM
Whoa! That is one complex sprite.

Maybe the guide I put together will help you with some basics. Here

I'll take that as a compliment.
Thank you very much.

I'm willing to help out one task at a time as time permits.