[SPRITES] WIP Miscellaneous Entities

Started by ffomega, September 08, 2016, 01:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I thought I would show off a little thing I did not too long ago.  This was actually going to be seen in an old fan game I worked on, but had since lost the source to.  These are a modified version of the previewed crystal switches I uploaded the other day.

As you can see, there are 4 colored switch blocks, as well as 4 recolored crystal switches, two "boolian" crystal switches, which were originally provided by Christopho, and recolored.  Added are 4 colored switch plates, as well as my new animated crystal switches.  These crystal switches will hover above a block platform, and when struck, will spin and change color from red to blue, and back, and from green to yellow and back.  The Boolean crystal switches will spin as well, lighting up from 'off' to 'on' and vice versa.  They would replace the original crystal switches.  Since the switches are animated you could create a new direction for each switch, and make the animated ones.  I will release data files for the switches once they are completed.
My tilesets page can be found here:
http://absolute-hyrule-tutorials.solarus-games.org/

Nice :)
I recommend to make separate PNG files: one for the statue, one for blocks, one for crystal switches, etc. It is easier to maintain and to share things between projects.
I know that I am the one who made that single miscellaneous.png file in the first place, but experience shows that it was a bad idea.