Zelda: Book of Mudora

Started by wizard_wizzle (aka ZeldaHistorian), August 08, 2014, 01:53:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm not sure where the error.txt file would be on a Mac. Probably in the same directory as the quest? Wherever that is?
Honestly the quest system is pretty new, so there could definitely be some bugs. If you can find your save file and and error.txt file, I'm sure I can do some fixes. As for the Master Ore, the upgraded sword is the object of the quest, so it should be complete.

There is no walkthrough currently. Honestly I'm not super motivated to make one, but if someone in the community would like to take it on, I'd be happy to provide input :) There is some limited info on the game's website at https://sites.google.com/site/zeldabom/guides

I believe both of the things you seek are in the Lost Woods in the east (not really marked on the map, but shrouded in clouds).

July 26, 2017, 07:22:21 PM #151 Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 07:27:03 PM by joptimus
Thanks, got it.
I almost don't dare to ask, but I'm having trouble finding the moblin. Where is it supposed to be approximately?

I am afraid that in the end I will not have time to translate this game into spanish. I have too much to do for the project CoS during this summer, which is my main priority, so I am retracting from this. I hope you can find someone in the forums to do it soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.
"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you."

I am stuck. I cannot enter buildings because the game thinks it's day, despite being the middle of the day.

I have a wierd green halo around me, most doors are closed and my magic is draining, despite being noon. It's very annoying and game breaking.

Hi Maximini, I'm sorry to hear that. Do you have any more information so I can try and track down the bug? An error.txt file would be best. Also, have you tried to close the game and re-open your save?

Quote from: wrightmat on July 28, 2017, 04:22:03 AM
Hi Maximini, I'm sorry to hear that. Do you have any more information so I can try and track down the bug? An error.txt file would be best. Also, have you tried to close the game and re-open your save?

That's fine, I solved the issue by just walking around the world to cycle things. Next day was fine. I can say it was triggered by using the bed in Ordon.

My error.txt is about something else
[Solarus] [2618890] Error: Missing treasure dialog: '_treasure.poe_soul.1'
(most likely related to poes in the Subrosian shop) (which happened before that bug).

I tried save and quit and closing the whole thing and rebooting, without change.

I would also report another bug in dungeon 4, in the far-left room on first floor, if you push the blocks against the north wall, they get displaced by an half-tile and it's totally impossible to push the buttons without going out the dungeon to reset them.

Hmm... Interesting. All of the bed use the same script to change the time of day - have you had issues at any of the other beds?

As for the error, it's actually legitimate (although unrelated to this) and I've added that dialog in :)

For dungeon 4, I'm almost certain that it's possible to push that block against a wall or other surface to re-align it so it will work for the puzzle.

August 03, 2017, 12:53:33 AM #157 Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 02:27:09 AM by Maximini
By other beds, you mean, like the inn in Kakariko?

EDIT: I confim. Sleeping in any bed at night removes the light of the lantern, lights in the windows of the houses and places closed at night are open.

Sleeping in any bed at day adds light on the lantern, lights lights in the windows of the houses and places closed at night do close.

So in other words everything works except for the actual overlay that makes it look like night? What version of BoM are you playing?

August 05, 2017, 07:57:58 PM #159 Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 08:00:38 PM by Maximini
Quote from: wrightmat on August 05, 2017, 12:01:20 AM
So in other words everything works except for the actual overlay that makes it look like night? What version of BoM are you playing?

The one on your werbsite, 1.2.

No, the reverse. It's still night and the hour is still the night, but the game behave like it's day.

Also, opened great chest in the Sewers palace, great chest was empty and character was unable to move. Had to restart the game. Now, it's open and didn't get any treasure...

It's very annoying.

In fact, it's exactly the same as that issue:
https://github.com/wrightmat/zbom/issues/85

August 06, 2017, 10:20:30 PM #160 Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 10:23:56 PM by Maximini
Updated to 1.3, fixed most issues, but got a crash in Cave of Ordeals, in room 49. Quite annoying.

[Solarus] [4095660] Error: In on_activated: [string "maps/169.lua"]:524: attempt to call method 'set_destination' (a nil value)

The Gaira quest doesn't seem to be triggering.

QuoteThe Gaira quest doesn't seem to be triggering.
Any more specifics? What were you doing where you expected it to trigger? Any errors?

The other error has been corrected recently, but it was done after 1.3 was released. I'll try to put up a 1.3.1 bug fix release soon.

August 09, 2017, 06:16:13 AM #163 Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 06:26:03 AM by Maximini
Quote from: wrightmat on August 09, 2017, 12:55:09 AM
Any more specifics? What were you doing where you expected it to trigger? Any errors?

The other error has been corrected recently, but it was done after 1.3 was released. I'll try to put up a 1.3.1 bug fix release soon.

Well, I talked to both NPCs. I assumed it should be the trigger. I should search more around to see if I can find another trigger. Only error I have is:

[Solarus] [597740] Error: In on_interaction: [string "maps/57.lua"]:83: bad argument #1 to start_dialog (No such dialog: 'zora.0.domain')

Seems related to a silent NPC in Zora Domain (the one giving you Zora Scale), after he gave it to you.

EDIT: For the cave, I see the commit on github, I'll just modify the script in my game for allow it to work for the moment, as a temporary fix.

Quote from: wrightmat on August 09, 2017, 12:55:09 AM

Fixed the issue, for some reason, the parameter i1911 was set to 8 (and adding one everytime I talked to her). Quest triggers at 2, talking to her adds 1.

So, if you talk to her again without zoning out after she tells you to go to the poisoned trees, it seems you break the quest.