Zelda: Book of Mudora

Started by wizard_wizzle (aka ZeldaHistorian), August 08, 2014, 01:53:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Huh - no, I hadn't noticed that! I changed the HUD at one point long ago, and apparently missed taking out a line. It never caused a problem!

And thanks MetalZelda! Like I said, it's not perfect, but I sincerely hope there are no outright crashes!

September 18, 2016, 06:56:18 PM #77 Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 07:43:57 PM by Stormfruit
Heya! I've been playing the full release for a few days now and I think I've found a few bugs.

What exactly are the bartender in Kakariko and the Great Fairy near Lon Lon Ranch supposed to reward you with when you collect enough Alchemy Stones and Goddess Plumes? For some reason, neither gave me anything after collecting a bunch of them. I got the first three pages of the book and just beat the Big Poe in the sewers, then remembered those two while looking for the area with the giant chest. I also have the Hylian's Shield, a bomb bag, and the Gold Bracelet at this point.

Also, I kinda stumbled upon a way to get across the large bridge in Septum Heights before it gets fixed xD; You need to move the two floor tiles that are closest together, farther apart; they still make a small, but traversable walkway. I hope going across that didn't break the game.

And the Goron kid's ghost wasn't supposed to vanish before you finish the Mausoleum, was he? He was with me when I started going through it, but when I saved and quit to do some stuff, then started it back up and got a bomb bag awhile later, he was no longer there when I went back in, and never reappeared even after I beat the boss. Do you need to take him somewhere after beating that wannabe grim reaper?

Update 1: The Death Mountain Great Fairy gave me a bomb bag when I talked to her, but I haven't collected 50 ambers yet. I'm starting to think I broke something o.O;

Update 2: Now I'm sure something's broken. Just reset when I got stuck in a wall after jumping from a cliff, then went to the Kakariko bartender again. He still hasn't given me anything. How many alchemy stones do I need for this?
That hare can run, but can he SWIM?

Hi Stormfruit - thanks for playing!

The Kakariko bartender will give you a heart piece when you get at least 75 alchemy stone. The Great Fairy should give you the upgraded boomerang (do you have the first boomerang?) when you have at least 50 Goddess Plume. The bridge thing definitely shouldn't break the game, but I'll look at fixing it! The Goron ghost is not really needed after you enter the Mausoleum - he'll disappear if you leave the dungeon or save and restart the game as you did. The Death Mountain fairy will give you the first bomb bag upgrade at 20 Goron Amber and the second at 50.

If you find bugs, you're welcome to open a case on the bug tracker at Github (https://github.com/wrightmat/zbom/issues). Also if you find something game breaking, you can send me your save file and I can look to see what the problem is!

Guys, I am stuck on Tower of the Winds. On the 6th floor there is a mini boss standing up on a podium summoning bats galore! I fight my heart out but the bats just keep coming. There ends up being so many sprites on screen that the frame rate drops to near zero. Around the podium are some bombs and arrows. I have tried hitting this jerk with everything in my inventory but nothing seems to damage him. Can anyone steer me in the right direction? I have a hunch I am not even supposed to be in this tower yet. Although, there is land to the north and east of me that is largely unexplored, this tower seems like the natural progression. Thanks!

Try throwing a bomb up on the podium... :)

Throwing bombs is almost always the solution when you are stuck in Zelda games. :o
"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you."

It never hurts! Well, except for the thing you're throwing the bomb at, lol

Dang! I did try that actually. But the bomb never cleared the edge of the podium. I guess I threw up the white flag a bit too early. Thanks guys!

I am seriously bummed. I managed to defeat that guy with the bombs. However, after he died a staircase leading to the top of podium spawned. I must have been standing on just the right pixel because it trapped me right in the staircase rail. I couldn't move at all. I tried bombing myself out and dashing myself out, using the hook shot etc..I finally gave in and just decided to save and quit. But upon returning to this room, the chest that originally appeared after defeating the mini boss was no longer on the left tile. I figured it was just the dungeon map so I decided to move on. I then hit the switch on the floor which made a block appear on the other side of a dark gap in the center beamos room. After I go up the stairs to the next room with ice on the ground and some blue chus (7th floor), I came to a door which requires a key. I have on key in my inventory for this dungeon, but when I approach the door it is not giving me the option to use it. Alas, I am stuck and I don't believe there is anyway for me to revert the save. Does anyone have an idea on what to do?

September 22, 2016, 03:37:35 AM #85 Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 03:39:37 AM by wrightmat
Apparently there was a bug with the script for that door. Not sure how I missed that!

I fixed the bug and released a bug fix version. You can download it here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/77878808/zbom-1.0.zip

P.S. The chest is the map, and you should be able to get it with the new version.

Aren't you going to increment the version number of the updated quest?

September 22, 2016, 04:13:35 AM #87 Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 04:22:02 AM by carlc
Sweet wrightmat! Thanks for looking into that. I had just assumed the door wasn't accessible because of the unusual scenario that I went through. If I run into irregularities/bugs in the future, is this forum an appropriate place to post? Or would you rather I communicate them over a different channel?

Also, do I just need to copy the contents from the data.solarus subfolder into my previous zbom-1.0 folder? I guess I am unclear on the mechanics of how the game states are actually saved.

You'll just need the new data.solarus file - you can overwrite the new one. Alternatively, you can just run the game from the new folder, since your save files are stored elsewhere.

If you find bugs, please post them on the github bug tracker at https://github.com/wrightmat/zbom/issues/. Thanks!

llamazing, it's a bug fix version (1.0.1) so it's reflected in the quest settings, but I overwrote the existing 1.0 zip file for ease of distribution. The version number will be fully incremented and a new zip released at version 1.1

I have not been able to get the blacksmith to upgrade my sword (he says he could with the right materials). When I talk to him, he says things about ore but I already have 99 of Subrosian Ore. I have already completed dungeons through the Tower of Winds. Is there more the blacksmith needs than Subrosian Ore or is there a bug in the game?