New free enemies for the sample quest [feedback wanted!]

Started by Diarandor, July 31, 2016, 08:16:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi! One of the many things I will be working on is the creation of new free enemies with original art and fully scripted. I will keep adding them to the sample quest, and many of them are planned to be used in the project Children of Solarus. Some of my current work is here:
https://github.com/Bertram25/ChildrenOfSolarus/issues/29

Feedback wanted: If you have some cool and original idea of some type of enemy you want, then post it here. If I like the idea, I might make them when I get free time (but please, be patient). If the behavior is a bit complicated I might not do it, because I prefer to focus more on making free art than coding strange things, so think of basic stuff (no bosses or similar things); but also try to think of enemies with different and new original behaviors too, so that we will have more variety of enemies. Try to give as much details as possible, for the graphic part and also the behavior of the enemy.

Here you can also share your own original enemies, with both sprites and code, and maybe a link to some video to show them in action.
Quest makers, I challenge you to make something cool and post it here!!! hehehe! :D
"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you."

I made a new cool video showing the new enemies: yellow and red slimes. These have electric and fire attacks, respectively, and will be added to the sample quest someday.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJLJKSFsh-Y&feature=youtu.be
"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you."

These are really cool - loved the video! Great work!

Quote from: wrightmat on July 31, 2016, 04:15:32 PM
These are really cool - loved the video! Great work!

Thanks for the feedback wrightmat!
There will be more new types of slimes for sure, like ice slimes that can freeze you, and other types.

I hope these things attract the attention of people and make them use Solarus. One of the things that Solarus needs the most is to have more free art, and I am helping as much as possible for this goal: adding free enemies and NPCs, and someday in the next years more tilesets too.

New types of slimes and improved ones! :D New video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTbf4k_PAfg&feature=youtu.be

They actually do not spawn, they hide if you are far, heheh!  ;D

Yeah. Besides, red and purple ones put one egg by default, so they duplicate. You can download all the new slimes in the sample quest of the development version! I uploaded them today. :D