Zeldo's Challenge - Chapter 1: The Revenge of the Bingo

Started by ZeldoGames, August 29, 2019, 08:14:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello everybody !

I start a new topic, in English this time to talk about the 1st chapter of my little serie "Zeldo's Challenge".

After the release of "Zeldo's Challenge - Chapter 2: The Tower of Memories", some people asked me where they could find the 1st chapter...

This 1st chapter was a little game with 1 dungeon and beatable in 40min-1h and was destined to one person only, it was in 2017...

However, 2 years later, I released the 2nd chapter and decided to release it for a greater audience than only 1 person... the Solarus communauty ! And then people asked me where was this 1st chapter... logical, but I never thought that people would ask me about that xD

So, I decided to do an offficial release for the chapter 1 of Zeldo's Challenge !

This short game will be available soon and will be available for the communauty for sure :D I need some time to fix some bugs and other things... (it's a project from 2017 so I must fix them and adapt the game for a greater audience too).
I'd like to add some features too like input customization and a short english translation ;D

I'll tell you about my advancement in the project soon :D

All reactions are welcome of course :)

Hope to see you soon for the release of "Zeldo's Challenge - Chapter 1" ;)

This sounds great!
I would really appreciate it if you would post an English language version of the Zeldo 2 thread, so that most of us can actually read it. :) This is just too great a game to be just be so invisible to many players. :(

Did you read my review?

Hello!

Time to give you some news about my project... I finished the english translation and the level design of the dungeon has been fixed!

There are still some adjustements to do and some beta tests and I'll release the game :D

I can't give you a release date for the moment but this will be soon ^^

Wuzzy2 I read your review yes and I'm glad you really appreciated the game ^^ thanks for the bug report too, I'll try to fix them and I'll upload the game on another place than mediafire.
But I will not write an english topic for the chapter 2 sorry... the game has been released since 4 months and the download page for the game is in English on the solarus website (thanks to the team behind this by the way...)

Hello everyone!

Good news for you, my project has been released just now :D

You can download it just here: https://github.com/ZeldoRetro/defi_zeldo_chap_1/releases

Have fun playing this little game and don't hesitate to contact me if you have remarks or if you encounter a bug or something else :P

@Christopho:
I got this error while playing this game. I was using an old version of Solarus: v1.6.0.
I believe this is an engine error: "Fatal: This state is already stopping: pulling" (see image below).
Was this fixed in v1.6.2? By the way, I've just downloaded the last engine version now, just in case.

@Zeldo: I'm still stuck in that puzzle. I believe I've become a casual player... :'(
"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you."

Cool, thanks!
"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you."

Diarandor,

This puzzle can be complicated but you must investigate the room, look behind the torches :P I can't be more precise sorry...

October 03, 2019, 01:24:55 AM #9 Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 01:26:52 AM by Diarandor
Lol, thanks! I get it now.
I am not good at puzzles with pieces hidden below the carpet. I had even tried to move the torches and thought the puzzle was broken XD.

Hey, thanks for releasing this little game. Nice! :)

But I have to admit, I only managed to beat that room with the 4 torches with your hint ... :/

Anyway, thanks!

I have found some spelling/grammar mistakes:

Quote"X et V for the assigned items,"
X et V?

Quote"Echap to open the save menu."
Echap?

Quote"You can change this commands"
→ "these commands"

Quote"The darken rooms are the ones (...)"
→ "dark rooms"

Quote"which proof you succeeded"
→ "proofs you have succeeded"

Quote"for playing and succeed in this 1st chapter"
→ "succeeding"

Edit: I see both Zeldo Chapter 1 + 2 appear in Frensh in the Solarus launcher. This is for title screen but also description. The game name is also in French in the Solarus homepage.
Can the game description be translated to English so it's more visible to the English-speaking audience?

I wonder if Solarus lets you provide a game description in multiple languages ... That would be useful.