Solarus Developers are Excellent - Graphic Pack Time!

Started by Zefk, May 05, 2016, 05:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Greetings,

I just wanted to say that the Solarus developers are the best. Always improving the Solarus engine in a zealous way and helping others with their Solarus issues. It is very inspiring.

The outside world tileset project is done.

Latest release:
Alpha-0.3

Completed:
Fairyolica World v0.3

Tools used:
-Krita 2.8.2
-Gimp 2.8

Name for this pack:
Fairyolica World

A preview of current progress for a outside world tileset - Fairyolica World Tileset: (Login to view)

Hero Sprite:

Hero Sprite Progress: (Login to view)

(Login to view)

Entity progress Updates:

Bomb Entities: (login to view)

Boomerang Entities: (login to view)

Items Entities:
(login to view)

Chests Entities: (login to view)

Bush and leaves Entities: (Login to view)

Here is a update for a Opensource Light world. Only CC0 trees were added today, but it is progress! I have so much more to add!

Wow this will be very nice :D
And thanks for your message :)

ileset:

Next update: 5-6-16 or 5-7-16
-Stump
-Leaves
-One Dungeon building
-Smaller red tree
-Upper left 2 small water blocks

Following Update: 5-8-16 or 5-9-16
-Flower
-Grass brick fence
-Stairs
-Cave entrance
-Wood fence

Hero Sprite update:

Next Update: 5-6-16 or 5-7-16
-Shield separation
-Walk in Solarus format
-Attack in Solarus format
-Color/colour variations.

IMHO, about the graphics in the sample quest, maybe try to coordinate with Diarandor who also works on it. The more efficiently we can advance about the graphic issue, the sooner Children of Solarus will be released and the better the sample quest will be for newcomers.

That is up to Diarandor. I do not want to take time away from his works and it would be best for me to complete everything I can before asking for others to join in.

May 06, 2016, 02:17:55 PM #9 Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 02:24:03 PM by Diarandor
Quote from: Zefk on May 06, 2016, 07:48:15 AM
That is up to Diarandor. I do not want to take time away from his works and it would be best for me to complete everything I can before asking for others to join in.

Hi Zefk! Do not worry, you are not taking my time away. We can coordinate our work if you want, for the sake of the Children of Solarus project. (We can talk better on the IRC Chats if it's ok for you.)

I am focused on the graphics of the hero, which includes animations for weapon attacks, and also the weapon inventory items (to have consistency with the weapon sprites of the hero attacks). I also made almost all the sounds (I can do the remaining ones one of these days). I plan to make the graphics for NPC's when I finish all of this.

So you can focus on free (or at least, zero-price) tilesets fitting with the ones in ALTTP, and also the musics, and with that all would be done. Maybe you can create/find NPC graphics that fit with the project, too.

As I usually recall, my graphics are not free as in freedom since they are non-commercial (the licence is CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0), they are just zero-price. For people without commercial concerns that should be ok (if someone wants to use them for a commercial game, a deal with me could always be possible). For the Children of Solarus project that license is good enough too.

Anyway, if someday someone creates free graphics for all the hero animations of nice quality (which is a huge work), then we could replace my art for the free one in the Children of Solarus project, which would be better for other people with commercial intentions. As far as I know, no-one is working on this (at least using a free licence), and it would be necessary to keep the size of the hero sprites (for compatibility) and make all the animations. Most of the internet free art for a hero is incomplete (most animations are missing), or does not fit with what is needed here.
"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you."

Nice to see the progress every day :D
Free tilesets fully compatible with my Zelda tilesets are really a dream to me :)

Quote from: Christopho on May 07, 2016, 12:05:51 AM
Nice to see the progress every day :D
Free tilesets fully compatible with my Zelda tilesets are really a dream to me :)

Me too! This is a really fun project.

There has been a lot of modifying and re-sizing the opensource art. I should have the rest done after I get the chests size changes done, but here is a update.

Update:

Bomb: (Login to view images)

Boomerang:

Items: