2 Item Related Questions

Started by Starlock, April 05, 2016, 06:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey, I'm continuing to work on items and just had 2 questions regarding what is possible.

1) For a gust type spell, is it possible for the amount of pushback to be changed/doubled, or is the pushback static

2) Can there be an item like the magic ring from ALTTP that can half the amount of magic needed to cast spells?

I am not sure that I completly understand

1 - You mean knockback ? A movement on the hero when he shoot something (Like the Gust Jar in MC) ?

2 - You mean a spell like the Cane of Byrna or something that double the magic (like ALTTP) ?

1) No, its like how if push_back is true for an enemy it gets pushed back when attacked. The gust would basically act as a stronger one that pushed the enemy back twice as much as any other attack would.

2) Thats basically what it is. Its similar to something like this: http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Blue_Ring and it could have various forms that can cut magic or stamina cost

For the first thing I don't know, it might be possible by doing some modification in the enemy metatable (rewrite the set_pushed_back  to be compatible will your skills)

For the second thing, it is also possible by passing through the game metatable (assuming that you want to decrease the amount of magic an item cost), I suggest a custom function rather than rewriting the default one (because it will also apply when you pick an object, which might be not the desired behaviour)