Epona

Started by Starlock, January 09, 2016, 03:57:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Would there be a  way to code a horse like Epona that the hero would be able to ride? And would it be considered a custom entity or some sort of NPC

You would have to custom entity it all.... Which is quiet some work  :-\
You know that nearly all of use strugled once
with RPG maker. But now we make with
Solarus! 8)

January 09, 2016, 03:01:12 PM #2 Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 06:02:53 PM by MetalZelda
Yes, Custom Entity is the only way.

It's quite easy to do, and many ways to do it, here's my note (since I planned it for my project) :

- 2 ways of displaying the horse : # A sprite with the horse and the hero together, everything fit in only 1 spritesheet.
                                                     # Sync every frame another sprite representing the horse bellow the Hero

If you just want something simple, just take the solution 1, but if you want something more complex (mounted archery, the ability to use item while riding), use solution 2.

If you use mounted archery, all items you want to be usable on it need to be modified in the item script (a savegame value representing whever or not you are on the horse)

You will need to expand the game over script too if you make the hero vulnerable while on horse.

There are a lot of parameter to consider, for example maintaining the movement while using a item (if the horse animation is not stopped)