Different crystals for every dungeon

Started by Starlock, January 03, 2016, 05:38:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey, I was working on making crystal/crystal block sprites for dungeons. Is there a way for every dungeon to have a different sprite for crystals rather than all of them using the same ones?

Not directly (yet), but I see two possible workarounds:
- Use custom entities to reimplement your own crystal block system. If someone does that, it will be useful because one day, we will probably want to remove built-in crystals and crystal blocks (they are too Zelda specific).
Or
- This is more a hack, but it should be easier than reimplementing it with custom entities. You can replace dynamically the sprite files "entities/crystal.dat" and "entities/crystal_block.dat" by using the file API. (The changes will be done in the savegames directory, not in the data directory.)

January 03, 2016, 02:09:54 PM #2 Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 02:17:20 PM by MetalZelda
The other way is to use tileset.entities.png and then make every crystals sprite in these files, it should work (since he wants to use a different sprite for each dungeon, so I'm considering that each dungeon have a different tileset).
Change image source to "tileset"

This is true. The idea of MetalZelda is better :)