Gamepad support?

Started by GuyInDogSuit, October 22, 2013, 01:16:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 22, 2013, 01:16:48 AM Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 01:51:05 AM by GuyInDogSuit
How do we enable gamepad support? I have an Xbox 360 controller and it's enabled but the game doesn't seem to recognize it.

Never mind, I got it. For those who had this problem, make sure the gamepad is on and plugged in, then after starting your game, press D to bring up the menu, then use the arrow key to scroll all the way right to the next tab, and you'll see the key mapping options. Press Space and then the button on your joypad for each button. It's easier if you map "Action," then scroll down and map the directions to your d-pad, then fill in the rest.

Thanks for this I was wondering this myself. I tried using joy2key but I made redundant buttons oops.

I was wondering if there was a way in game to turn down the joystick sensitivity with the xbox 360 controller. Now I had to map movement to the d-pad because link wouldn't stop moving forwards.

I had the same problem with mine; where the guy kept moving after the joystick was centered.

It turns out the culprit was joy2key.

For some reason it has autorepeat turned on by default, so lots of arrow key press events were being queued up (lots!).

Add '-autorepeat 0' to your .joy2keyrc file.

--
David A. Redick

We fixed a similar bug in the development version: https://github.com/christopho/solarus/issues/513
So hopefully things will be better in the next release.