Where is used PhySFS in Solarus ?

Started by MetalZelda, November 01, 2015, 06:16:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
November 01, 2015, 06:16:47 PM Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 06:23:10 PM by Username
Hi

I would ask a question to Solarus' developpers, I see that you use a archiving library that can access zip, etc. However, it also allows writing on some files.

In the Solarus engine, I do only found Physfs in the "QuestManagement.cpp" and I do wonder what would happen if I delete this lib and replace it manually by manually defined path and do something like Vincent Jouilat does?

Is physfs used elsewhere ?

The main use of PhysFS in Solarus is to allow transparent access to files inside the data.solarus zip archive.

Quote from: Christopho on November 01, 2015, 06:41:46 PM
The main use of PhysFS in Solarus is to allow transparent access to files inside the data.solarus zip archive.

Oh, so if I don't use .zip or .solarus, just 'data' folder  PhySFS is useless ?
I though first it was used elsewhere like the savegame files

PhysFS is also used to load regular files and also savegame files, but this could be easy to do without it.

Quote from: Christopho on November 02, 2015, 08:42:01 AM
PhysFS is also used to load regular files and also savegame files, but this could be easy to do without it.

Thanks for these info, I'm gonna work on it now

November 02, 2015, 11:42:03 AM #6 Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 11:54:18 AM by Username
Quote from: Christopho on November 02, 2015, 09:54:57 AM
Ok, but why do you need to remove it?

Because it's the only library that I can't find for the target system, and thus, rewriting the library for the system is a very huge task and huge time consuming

What is the target system? Normally, PhysFS is very easy to compile.

November 02, 2015, 02:08:00 PM #8 Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 04:49:55 PM by Username
Quote from: Christopho on November 02, 2015, 01:46:44 PM
What is the target system? Normally, PhysFS is very easy to compile.

I'm trying to port Solarus to the PSP, but physfs is the main issue afaik
I've tried to render it compatible with the psp (there are some files floating around the net) and it always give me an error while trying to compile the lib with the psp rewritten code ... (zip and dir are the culprit)
The files are old, and I don't even know if there are 100% compatible with the psp itself, considering the error it gave me
rewriting the whole library for this particular machine would be time consumming and though, useless