The Legend of Zelda

Started by MetalZelda, October 13, 2015, 03:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 21, 2016, 11:35:14 PM #45 Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 03:35:17 PM by MetalZelda
Quote from: Zefk on July 21, 2016, 09:10:06 PM
The mini map is excellent. I am actually adding a feature like that in a few of my games.

It's quite simple to do, but I need to improve it and add a scrolling feature if needed plus, the way chests are displayed is completely dull and I need to take a look in the pause menu map script to make it completely automatic,  then I'll release the script
The last thing I need to do then is to rewrite the pause map system, I'd like to add fading rooms to show where link is even if you don't have a compass, then, the engine will be 100% ready to make the game properly.

If you are interested, there's a video showing the minimap in action here, now finally completed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gnXXu5pEyw

Quote from: YoshiMario2000 on July 21, 2016, 04:50:37 PM
Looking Great, I can tell that a lot of time has been put into this project,
Can't wait to play it!

Thanks, I'm really involved in this project (though there are less update than before but you can't show an image about technical process), I'm currently working on the stability of the engine, and bugfixes (There's a lot), but I want to put my best (even if I suck at programming) to offer a good playability

Quote from: Christopho on July 21, 2016, 01:59:11 PM
This is epic!

Hehe thanks :)

September 29, 2016, 02:27:00 PM #46 Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 02:30:12 PM by MetalZelda
Okay, the customisation is good enough for the project, it is time to really focus on the game and it's entities now. Let's try to have something before the end of 2016.
Last time I presented a picture with King Dodongo as a boss, yet, it's AI was not made (it was but not very developped).

I did something to test and make a boss AI, with randomnization so it's action is not linear, this is just a simple test, other things need to be added (screen shake, dying cutscene)

With this accomplished, a lot of bosses can be made using this template, only the movement need to be custom, and it's collision (We've though of testing the potential by porting a Wind Waker boss into the game)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thDy3z27JOQ

Wow this is an epic fight! Very nice work!
Don't forget to mention Solarus, because in the title or description of this video it is never indicated. If you put it in the title you will get more views :)
I just shared your video on twitter.

And I can't wait to livestream your game :)

Quote from: Christopho on September 29, 2016, 02:47:57 PM
Wow this is an epic fight! Very nice work!
Don't forget to mention Solarus, because in the title or description of this video it is never indicated. If you put it in the title you will get more views :)
I just shared your video on twitter.

Hey thanks Chris ^^

November 02, 2016, 12:01:54 PM #50 Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 01:39:26 PM by MetalZelda
Okay, some progress here, most of the things are pretty much done, code-related. There are a lot to do now, especially enemies, maps, dungeon, we already started the thing, we let you guess with one picture

This is Hyrule Fields, East, night time (obvious), quite vast actually, you might notice in the hud the explosive arrows, yes, they are part of the game, as well as Fire, Ice and Light arrows, we scrapped the default way of equipping them and included them straight into the inventory submenu. See it in action here
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETChlbFPGdY)

Oh, forgot this, Epona will be on your side for those who love exploration / horse riding.

The grass is animated, so the scene is more 'living'

The rest of the map, well, it's a secret to everybody

Great job! Maybe just a problem of missing tiles for the trees.

Quote from: froggy77 on November 02, 2016, 06:40:07 PM
Great job! Maybe just a problem of missing tiles for the trees.

It's a feature
Nah, it's corrected, thanks for the report and for the feedback, I didn't see it Oo

Will this ever be updated into 1.5?

November 02, 2016, 11:36:15 PM #54 Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 11:38:52 PM by MetalZelda
Quote from: Ezka on November 02, 2016, 11:05:11 PM
Will this ever be updated into 1.5?

It is already updated for 1.5 (using surface blending), the Github repo need to be updated though, last week's work on the project are a bit different then the version on the repo, lemme fix some stuff and I'll update the files on the git this week, i'll just let a bunch of tests maps if you want to test the game's new function :P

Whenever Im sad and need something to brighten me up, I always come look at this project. The screen shots get me so exited for when it will be done. Keep working hard!

This might be some of our last update about this project this year.
This teaser is for everyone who supported this project , and yes, it is incomplete and don't reflect what the trailer will looks like. Since it is mostly déjà-vu footages, but more recent.

So be here this December 31th 2016 to see the first trailer of The Legend of Zelda: Eternal Struggle, for the first time, you will see what the project looks like.
Developpers / testers who want to use this custom engine will be able to grab their sample soon after this trailer's unveil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oyx4OoNrG_0

The trailer will feature different place of Hyrule, dungeons.

Looks so awesome, Keep up the good work. If you ever need testers let me know!

I'm curious on a few things in this project.

For instance, I have been wanting to use a lighting affect and this just might have been the answer I have been looking for, can this lighting effect be used with basic shapes or will you be able to implement it using tiles?

How are you able to use multiple text colors in a dialogue box? I assume you are using different fonts that are just different colors of the same, or are you able to use RGB coefficients on the text in certain parts of the dialogue?

Will the minimap automatically populate or will we need to create image files for the individual dungeons like it was done in Mystery of Solarus?  If it does automatically populate, will it only create the shape of the traversable paths?  I am of course fine with that if it does, but am curious all the same :)

Overall, this project looks in-FREAKIN-credible and I look forward to seeing what else you have in store.
My tilesets page can be found here:
http://absolute-hyrule-tutorials.solarus-games.org/

December 05, 2016, 12:01:18 PM #59 Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 12:09:21 PM by MetalZelda
Quote from: ffomega on December 05, 2016, 11:45:40 AM
I'm curious on a few things in this project.

For instance, I have been wanting to use a lighting affect and this just might have been the answer I have been looking for, can this lighting effect be used with basic shapes or will you be able to implement it using tiles?

How are you able to use multiple text colors in a dialogue box? I assume you are using different fonts that are just different colors of the same, or are you able to use RGB coefficients on the text in certain parts of the dialogue?

Will the minimap automatically populate or will we need to create image files for the individual dungeons like it was done in Mystery of Solarus?  If it does automatically populate, will it only create the shape of the traversable paths?  I am of course fine with that if it does, but am curious all the same :)

Overall, this project looks in-FREAKIN-credible and I look forward to seeing what else you have in store.

(Can't answer in Youtube, it seems laggy, again ...)

The light effect use bitmaps with alpha channel, don't really know how to explain it, but it might be possible with tiles as well, if you are curious about how it works.

You'll need the clock script (or use the one you've made)
https://github.com/MetalES/Project-Zelda/blob/master/data/scripts/hud/clock.lua

And the tone manager (basically where the tone and effects are applied
https://github.com/MetalES/Project-Zelda/blob/master/data/scripts/gameplay/screen/tone_manager.lua

(And the graphics)
(And the savegame values)

The thread where everything is explained
http://forum.solarus-games.org/index.php/topic,676.0.html

2 - Isn't colored textbox already available in MoS DX ? If not, I did take the script from wrightmat's project and modified the way color is applied (using Diarandor's solution), as it is plug & play you can take it.

3 - The minimap is not generated, it would take a lot of time for the script to read and draw all of the map file into a 51x51 square, plus, it would imply drawing a surface with a color for each pixels of this 51x51 square, which is not the best solution since Solarus doesn't have a set_pixel function, yet.
The only thing retrieved from the map file is chest position
The solution is fact, you just have to screen the room, scale it down to 51x51 and color it, the script is automatically calculating the size of the map and scale everything so everything is always nice and clean