The Legend of Zelda

Started by MetalZelda, October 13, 2015, 03:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: MetalZelda on February 20, 2016, 07:15:43 PM
Thanks for your comment

@YoshiMario :
Yes, you can take the day/night system, you might need to modify some things and initialize default values to fit your project (hours, minutes, day and place where tones occurs), you can modify it as well, but it is a very "basic" and early day/night system, I am currently updating it mostly because I want the script to be only 2 scripts and to fix some issues (the tone system and the hud clock), and not dispatched in 4 other scripts like it is currently, which might be a nightmare for other users to understand).

Your Welcome.
I'll look into the scripts and see what is needed and what is not.
The script seems pretty organized, or at least from what I've seen.

A good idea is to keep things simple.
The simpler it is, the easier it is to transfer from project to project.

Still looking forward to that demo. (Also need to get back into working in solarus.)
This signature was way too long before, but now it's short!
Also, I am Still Alive!
On ad Off I go!

Do you ever get the feeling that the fandom of a product(s) ruin the potential that you could have had to enjoy the product?

Quote from: YoshiMario2000 on February 21, 2016, 03:36:20 AM
Quote from: MetalZelda on February 20, 2016, 07:15:43 PM
Thanks for your comment

@YoshiMario :
Yes, you can take the day/night system, you might need to modify some things and initialize default values to fit your project (hours, minutes, day and place where tones occurs), you can modify it as well, but it is a very "basic" and early day/night system, I am currently updating it mostly because I want the script to be only 2 scripts and to fix some issues (the tone system and the hud clock), and not dispatched in 4 other scripts like it is currently, which might be a nightmare for other users to understand).

Your Welcome.
I'll look into the scripts and see what is needed and what is not.
The script seems pretty organized, or at least from what I've seen.

A good idea is to keep things simple.
The simpler it is, the easier it is to transfer from project to project.

Still looking forward to that demo. (Also need to get back into working in solarus.)

To me it looks organized, but it is because I designed the scripts only for this project so I understand how it works here and there, I mostly need to re-write it so other user should understand much more easily (in other word, simplify it for understanding and a much completed thing)
Though, it still works in other projects, but you need to do more configuration, this is what I am trying to remove

Hi MetalZelda!

Just read this thread and I'm amazed of your work, I'm really looking forward for the final product!  ;D

A little question though: will your game be released in English too? Unfortunately I'm not so good with French...

Also if it will be released in English I would be glad to translate it in Italian for you, I've been part of a translation team for other RPGs in the past, so I'll assure you that it will be a quality translation.  ;)

Quote from: Metalloman on February 26, 2016, 09:23:29 AM
Hi MetalZelda!

Just read this thread and I'm amazed of your work, I'm really looking forward for the final product!  ;D

A little question though: will your game be released in English too? Unfortunately I'm not so good with French...

Also if it will be released in English I would be glad to translate it in Italian for you, I've been part of a translation team for other RPGs in the past, so I'll assure you that it will be a quality translation.  ;)

Hi

Thanks for your comment :)

To answer your question it will be translated in English, for other languages I don't know yet, but I'm certain that I'll need translators. But for the moment I'm mostly focused on building the engine rather then making the dialogs   :)

Great! Can't wait for your game! :D

March 08, 2016, 05:10:41 PM #35 Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 10:17:00 PM by MetalZelda
Okay, so some (mostly technical) news about the project.

I didn't do that much, except rework most of the items and separate them into menus, which allowed me to remove the pause menu limitation and also player are now able to switch item on the fly while using another one (depending on the item)
For example : You can switch from the Hookshot to the Bow, even if you are using the hookshot.

The Elemental Arrows are now implemented, it works like the one in The Wind Waker (except you press Action to switch arrow instead of R. My goal is to use Solarus' default commands instead of making new one).
It also have it's hud notification.

(Earliest picture, Time System was in rework phase)

The boomerang got Lua-ified too, mostly for configuration.

(Effect is in-game, Four Swords Adventure really inspired me here.)

The next thing is mostly an improvement.
The shop system from Ocarina of Time is in the way (70% completed). It will replace the Solarus (ALTTP) one. This wasn't really in the todo list of the project but I wanted to see how to make a Shop system from scratch ... It also allow price inflation so price (and obviously items) will be different for each shops. (Nice typo though)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsgpEPS9API

Okay, so I was working on a thing that I always wanted in my project : A Title Screen on a playable map. And it is now done, it allows to make the title screen more presentable with a cutscene (thankfully, Solarus 1.5 have a new camera).
Do not give attention to all graphics displayed during the Title Screen, it was only a test (and I don't want to spoil anything right now)
Also the Selection Screen Menu is now completed.

You can see it in action here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQzOMs7Dv9A

I like those menus with the clouds moving. It's really cool. :)
PS: Count with me to make the spanish translation if you want.
"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you."

Quote from: Diarandor on March 21, 2016, 11:41:57 AM
I like those menus with the clouds moving. It's really cool. :)
PS: Count with me to make the spanish translation if you want.

Thanks  :)
For the translation I'll need people, but as for now I'm mostly focused on making maps and building the custom engine, I'll soon seek for translators   ;D

Okay, it's been a while without update (thanks to my internet connection)
I don't have that much picture to show you because a trailer is on the go and will present some area of the game.

So here's some technical things, not very important but it's still something:

- All items are finished, some still need some improvements
- A weather system is on the go, that means, dynamic weather, there's a possibility that it will affect gameplay, not sure
- Mailboxes implemented, there's a postman and mailboxes around the world that will give you mail depending on your progression.
- Horse is on the go, but it is still very early and there are plenty of way to do it
- Swordfights and archery are going to be horse-compatible
- Water Temple: 9 water levels and also switches that change the water into ice (Ice version of Water Temple)
- Cutscene management implemented, way more useful, especially for Hero Mode, which is mirrored
- Roc Cape: Down Thrust ability  enhanced
- Darknut, Phantom Ganon, King Dodongo implemented, finished
- Elementary arrows implemented
- Overhauled performances
- Reworked Ogg
- Castle Town finished

Sounds like you've been hard at work! Can't wait for a playable demo  ;D

July 21, 2016, 01:53:05 PM #41 Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 02:07:06 PM by MetalZelda
Remember this big guy from Ocarina of Time ? Well, he's back

The last (and finally the least) addition to the HUD, some requested this, is the new minimap system, which shows real time the position of Link on the map, and also position of chests, it works just like the map system in the pause menu, but you have a continuous look at un-opened chests in the current map. Without the need to pause it. I already talked about it in the 1st page but at the time it was really difficult to think about it. You can disable it as well.

This is the result with chests placed on the map

Looking Great, I can tell that a lot of time has been put into this project,
Can't wait to play it!
This signature was way too long before, but now it's short!
Also, I am Still Alive!
On ad Off I go!

Do you ever get the feeling that the fandom of a product(s) ruin the potential that you could have had to enjoy the product?