The Legend of Zelda

Started by MetalZelda, October 13, 2015, 03:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I need to do a huge ton of work before updating the GIT. I'm currently ( and mostly ) working on metatables

Can you please tell us how to add in your reasources with no main.lua from you??
You know that nearly all of use strugled once
with RPG maker. But now we make with
Solarus! 8)

You can take everything from the git. It doesn't need main.lua as I still didn't modified it, the one from your project will work with.
The only thing is you need to declare all ressources in project.db.
Some ressource should be missing but this is a bit intentionnal (not finished)

1.) Thanks! ;D 2.) I did it on RoTH SE dev and the game did not boot up... Help! :-\
Solarus! 8)

Yup. Many bad arrgrument errors... :-[
Solarus! 8)

Send the error.txt, but if you tried to copy anything from my project that is not present / declared in the ROTHSE project, it will not work.

Okay, so far, progress since the begining of 2016 are quite satisfying.

* Time System Implemented

The Day and Night Cycle has been implemented in the game, the source code will be available when the technical demo will be released.
It include a 7 days system so side quests and some events will be dispatched in the week.

The Picture above show the current state of the HUD, which now only miss the Minimap System.

* Playable Ocarina

The second most awesome feature added is the fully playable Ocarina, which I already talked about in the first page, but got heavily reworked and is ultra close to the Ocarina item like in Ocarina of Time. It include a instrument sound pointer so when learning a song, the teacher will have it's proper sound (demo in video bellow)
Oh god these arrays and for loop was a nightmare...
It will also be released with the technical demo.

Before it's release, you can see how it works in game here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkDSaMnAuDc

January 25, 2016, 03:54:01 PM #23 Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 05:10:11 PM by MetalZelda
Okay, so the Engine is now doing what I wanted since the begining. I have enough ressources to make the 1st demo and now my work will mostly be focused on making the game.

What have been changed ?

- Everything works as I wanted since I started working on the game : That is, hero voices, custom gameplay, menues, cutscenes have been successfully implemented and works as I wanted.
- Hero Mode has been implemented in the game : It consist of a very challenging mode, no hearts or fairies are obtainable through destructibles, enemies does 2 times more damage then the usual, Link's attack are twice less powerful then usual, that is, regular enemies takes a lot more hit to be killed.

If you want to see the Hero mode in action, check here, there is also a boss that I've started working on, but I need to ask if someone know how to render enemies invulnerable to custom entities (that's mostly why the enemy doesn't have any AI yet) Found
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcJ5NAiUXN0&feature=youtu.be

February 14, 2016, 05:04:38 PM #24 Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 05:06:29 PM by MetalZelda
Okay, some updates on the project :

- Dynamic music has been implemented in the game. It works like Twilight Princess (and it is based on). That means, the music changes when the environment surrounding the player changes.
The current number of partition just for Hyrule Fields is 22, and it is still not completed (Epona still need to be implemented.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tYjxHGzeF4

- Some enemies has been made, most of these are retranscripted enemies from Wind Waker and works the same way (except it's 2d)

- Started working on cutscene and seeing how these works on Solarus (Master sword cutscene)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8aIsr0d-1U

This is just looking better and better - I'm really impressed!

If you can wait, I would recommend not doing too many cutscenes until 1.5 is released. The new camera as an entity functionality will make cutscenes easier to code and look better.

February 15, 2016, 01:58:08 PM #26 Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 12:27:41 AM by MetalZelda
Quote from: wrightmat on February 15, 2016, 02:37:35 AM
This is just looking better and better - I'm really impressed!

If you can wait, I would recommend not doing too many cutscenes until 1.5 is released. The new camera as an entity functionality will make cutscenes easier to code and look better.

Thanks for your comment :)

For the cutscene I'll wait, I'm mostly doing simple cutscenes that doesn't require camera movements

Update : Roc's cape is finally implemented with it's own controllable jump system, a bit close to Minish Cap (though I cannot replicate at 100% the movement system, too complex. With this come the Down Thrust sword skill.

This project seems to be coming along beautifully, I look forwards to when this is finished.

Also, Can I borrow the day and night system? I'd like to test some things with it,
and see if I could use it in a Majora's Mask like game.

Overall, I just like the general look of the game.
This signature was way too long before, but now it's short!
Also, I am Still Alive!
On ad Off I go!

Do you ever get the feeling that the fandom of a product(s) ruin the potential that you could have had to enjoy the product?

February 20, 2016, 07:15:43 PM #29 Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 11:20:37 PM by MetalZelda
Quote from: Christopho on February 20, 2016, 10:51:37 AM
Yes, very promising project :)

Quote from: YoshiMario2000 on February 20, 2016, 03:48:45 AM
This project seems to be coming along beautifully, I look forwards to when this is finished.

Also, Can I borrow the day and night system? I'd like to test some things with it,
and see if I could use it in a Majora's Mask like game.

Overall, I just like the general look of the game.

Thanks for your comment

@YoshiMario :
Yes, you can take the day/night system, you might need to modify some things and initialize default values to fit your project (hours, minutes, day and place where tones occurs), you can modify it as well, but it is a very "basic" and early day/night system, I am currently updating it mostly because I want the script to be only 2 scripts and to fix some issues (the tone system and the hud clock), and not dispatched in 4 other scripts like it is currently, which might be a nightmare for other users to understand).

I opened an issue about the script progress
https://github.com/MetalES/Project-Zelda/issues/1

You can check my github, the script is in /scripts/hud/day_night_clock, /scripts/gameplay/tone_system, and you need some function in game_manager and quest_manager, yes, it has many script depencies, but I will take all these depencies away soon.