[Bug] description altering by the Quest Editor.

Started by Zeror, August 20, 2015, 01:26:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I notice some strange behavior of the Solarus Quest editor lately.

Sometimes, randomly, Solarus Quest editor tries to change the description of the map by adding the tile information. Sometimes this causes that project_db.dat becomes unusable, because strings are not right anymore.

Error message i received:
Error: Failed to load data file '<insert project path here>/data/project_db.dat': <insert project path here>/data/project_db.dat:20: unfinished string near '"<mapname here>tile{'

Then it tries to add a long list of these tile setups:
tile_pattern{
  id = "10",
  ground = "traversable",
  default_layer = 2,
  x = 680,
  y = 208,
  width = 16,
  height = 16,
}

It's certainly not my fault. Im sure of that. I do have added lots of custom tiles and sprites however.

I had a similar problem sometimes. But then, one day I realized that when I copy-paste some entities of the map, I was pasting the entities on the "Description" field of the map. ;D ;D ;D

This was in part due that when you change from the tab of one map to another, the focus of the cursor (where you write) goes to this "Description" box, so one could casually paste the "entity" there, which gives an error, and sometimes the quest does not even run. This is surely your problem.

I suggest to change that behavior when changing maps, so that the cursor focus goes the map and not to the description. Maybe we should open an issue in Github.
"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you."

Yes I had this problem too, I think it is present since 1.4.0. I just entered a bug in github, this is a prioritary one since it prevents loading the project.