Some small "bugs"

Started by Diarandor, August 13, 2015, 03:00:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi! I am playing the remake Zelda Return of the Hylian SE and it's great (I never played the original before). I didn't know you were working on this game, a nice surprise. Nice work! :)

I am still in dungeon 4, but I have found two things that could be fixed, although nothing important:
-In temple 3 I think, there is an "up" arrow missing in the map (in the right-down corner).
-In temple 4, when the boss transforms you into a rabbit, the "up" direction of the animations look like the down ones. Also, when you push a wall the rabbit becomes transparent (I guess there is no pushing animation in the sprite, but the walking one can still be used).
"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you."

Thanks! It was a secret project indeed :)
But do you actually speak French?

Since I know you use github, here is the best place for you to report bugs: https://github.com/christopho/zelda_roth_se/issues

Yes, I can speak French fluently, more or less. (But my language is Spanish. Maybe I could help you with the Spanish translations of some of your new games, if you need some help.)

I have posted it on github: https://github.com/christopho/zelda_roth_se/issues/43
"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you."

Hi there!
It was really a nice surprise to have a new and totally unexpected game programmed with solarus. The dungeons are a bit boring, though...
A few remarks:
1.) Somehow I can't use the hookshot when I'm still standing in the doorway. To be precise, I can use it, but it seems to be blocked by some sort of invisible obstacle.
2.) Should it really be possible to complete the third dungeon before the second?  ;D ;)

The original game let the player free to do the 4 firsts dungeon (well, more like the "bosses" of each dungeon) in the order he wants. So, you even can do the second dungeon boss after the 4th dungeon. The only requirements is to go to the 5th dungeon, you have to get 4 crystals (so the 4 firsts dungeons cleared). The second dungeon boss is so easy with the second sword x)

But dungeon 2 cannot be finished before visiting dungeon 4 because you need the flippers to reach the boss room.

Hello, I almost finish the game and it's a good one except the feeling of loneless and that something is missing... And despite of many village !! Well I've found some little bugs and even have an error file!

Error: No such dialog: '_crystal'
Error: In on_key_pressed: [string "scripts/menus/pause_map.lua"]:177: attempt to perform arithmetic on upvalue 'selected_floor' (a nil value)
Error: In on_key_pressed: [string "scripts/menus/pause_map.lua"]:167: attempt to perform arithmetic on upvalue 'selected_floor' (a nil value)
Error: In on_interaction: [string "maps/kakariko/leader_house.lua"]:20: bad argument #1 to start_dialog (No such dialog: 'kakariko.leader_house.go_ganon')

Another one :
Don't read if you don't want to be spoiled !

I'm blocked in the area of the secret dungeon (I've finished it and obtained the Master Sword) but I can't access to the haunted graveyard. I can see the way (already exploded) but it seems to be no teletransporter. And obviously, there no way to go back!

Thanks Yosha for this bug report!
All of this is now fixed except
Error: In on_key_pressed: [string "scripts/menus/pause_map.lua"]:177: attempt to perform arithmetic on upvalue 'selected_floor' (a nil value)
Error: In on_key_pressed: [string "scripts/menus/pause_map.lua"]:167: attempt to perform arithmetic on upvalue 'selected_floor' (a nil value)

So you should just download the game again and it will be okay :)

August 14, 2015, 01:54:47 PM #8 Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 02:45:38 PM by the bread
QuoteBut dungeon 2 cannot be finished before visiting dungeon 4 because you need the flippers to reach the boss room.
Ok, I assumed that the dungeons should be completed in order because they are numbered. But maybe I've also misunderstood something due to my limited french knowledge.
QuoteThe second dungeon boss is so easy with the second sword x)
Oh yes ;D I was like "oh no, I'm gonna die! wait, why is the boss nearly dead now?"
Two new things:
1.) The shift-running command sometimes works when swimming and sometimes doesn't. Which one was intended?
2.) I don't know how, but I managed to screw the controls up a little bit. Because somehow caps lock is now normal speed and disabling caps lock makes the hero faster.
EDIT: I just found out that this happens when changing the caps lock outside of the game. So if I minimize the game, enable caps lock and open it again, the hero still walks with normal speed.

Sorry to play the trouble maker, but I just dowload the 1.0.3 and I just enter the cave and...
error.txt :-\

Error: In maps/caves/mudora_cave/1f: [string "maps/caves/mudora_cave/1f.lua"]:7: attempt to index global 'close_door_a_sensor' (a nil value)

Don't worry, this is a harmless error message and it is already fixed in the development version. Everything still works normally in this cave in 1.0.3.