[AFR] Map to image.

Started by YoshiMario2000, July 27, 2015, 04:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
You know, It would be nice to have the ability to save your map as an image (preferably a .png) So making maps wouldn't be as hard.
You'll still have to Polish it and everything, but it could be useful as a placeholder and Would actually help a lot in making good maps.

Still IT's a request, It don't HAVE to be done, It's something that adds polish to the editor.

By the way, How did you get the images for SolarusDX's Map images for the Text-based walk though. (I used google translate.)
(By the way AFR stands for ANOTHER FEATURE REQUEST.)
This signature was way too long before, but now it's short!
Also, I am Still Alive!
On ad Off I go!

Do you ever get the feeling that the fandom of a product(s) ruin the potential that you could have had to enjoy the product?

I did it the long way because when I did this there wasn't the hide entities option, it's because of it the hide option exists now ^^

So I opened each map, removed each entities except chests, put the map 100% and print screen. When the map was too big I used gimp to glue each part. Then, I used layers to add doors, chests and room names, then I reopened each map to know what enemies was on each room to make the array of enemies in the walkthrough ^^ You have the source file of each map here : https://github.com/Renkineko/zmosdx-soluce/tree/master/XCF

But yes, possibility to export the full map directly in png could be very useful for walkthrough because when I see the map of ZMC, I think I will die if I have to glue this directly in gimp x) I will post a ticket on github.