Zeror's Zelda - Tears of Desolate

Started by Zeror, July 04, 2015, 10:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 04, 2015, 10:48:24 PM Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 05:07:52 PM by Zeror
Hi guys,

I am doing a Zelda game myself with the help of the Solarus Quest Editor.

I want to show you a screenshot today of what i am doing. It's a Zelda game with a mix of Link to the Past & Minish Cap graphics (thanks to the LttP Solarus pack and some sprite rips from GGuy). And i must say that with a little adjustment they blend in each other perfectly.

Here is the screen:

I don't want to spoil much yet about the story i am developing, but here is what i can share for now.
QuoteLink is sailing to far away land once again (oh no, Link's Awakening all over again!? -Nope!). His reason was a letter he received from his cousin (Yes, Link apparently has a cousin) who is living in the land of Earah. His cousin, named Fink, has heard the stories of his heroic cousin and he got orders from the goverment of his land to contact Link to invite him to solve a major problem. And that's where the game begins.

I have still much to do at this moment. The game isn't even playable yet. I am still at the start of building the maps and connecting them and such, but i did work out how i want to have the map. Where i want the zones you can visit. What type of dungeons there are, etc... So far not much problems yet, but i have to regret i am still learning Solarus also (the tutorials were clear, thank you Christopho!). But that should go OK. It's a great editor to work with.

So i keep my updates in this thread. And if you have questions, feel free to ask. If you have interesting ideas, let me know. Thanks!

Sounds good,
But I'd try to keep the lighhting and shading on the
tiles from minish cap link to the past style. Just saying.
This signature was way too long before, but now it's short!
Also, I am Still Alive!
On ad Off I go!

Do you ever get the feeling that the fandom of a product(s) ruin the potential that you could have had to enjoy the product?

Quote from: YoshiMario2000 on July 05, 2015, 03:59:18 AM
Sounds good,
But I'd try to keep the lighhting and shading on the
tiles from minish cap link to the past style. Just saying.
I keep the lighting and shading as they are, but only change the colorscheme to match it with the tileset of LttP. I like the colors of that tileset more. The colors of the Minish Cap tileset are too bright.

Oh, and hello fellow person with autism ;D

July 31, 2015, 05:33:54 PM #3 Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 08:28:48 PM by Zeror
Information time (and a thanks for Christopho for helping me out)

QuoteTitle:
Zelda - Tears of Desolate

Storyline:
A very holy place for the people of Earah, called Droplet Shrine, is seized by an evil badguy, will be introduced later. This badguy took the Sacred Vials of Desolate. These vials, storing all kinds of negative energy, exists to keep the people of Earah happy. But with the vials gone from the shrine negative energy swept over the lands. People became depressed. With this negative energy the badguy summoned an army of monsters to work for him, to invade the lands of Earah.

Link is sailing to this far away land. His received a letter from his cousin who is living in the land of Earah. His cousin, named Fink, has heard the stories of his heroic cousin and he got orders from the government of his land to contact Link to invite him to solve this major problem. And that's where the game begins.

Link meets a new friend in the game. It's the bat Ygua. She is actually the guardian of the Droplet Shrine, but she wasn't able to stand against the villains's attack and got hurt badly. Her knowledge will guide Link to face the villain's minions to reclaim possession on the sacred Vials of Desolate. And maybe she reveals more about herself too...

World:
Land of Earah
A far away land where Link's cousin Fink lives.

Planned dungeons:
8 dungeons spreaded over 6 regions. It includes a Jungle temple, a catacomb on a graveyard, a sky dungeon for example.
More info later....

August 22, 2015, 09:42:10 AM #4 Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 07:05:33 PM by Zeror
I thought to show you some screens so you can see what i am developing.

This is a brewery. Yes, it will serve beer and ale. :)

Beach (unfinished)

And for who noticed that the second screen is a bit darker/more saturated color. That's right. I changed tileset to a darker color. The 'black' color is more black now. The upper was screen was of before that change.

Is this project still active? And is there a download link for what is done?

Looks like the project has been discontinued, except if the creator works in silence ...