Upgrading game data v1.2 to v1.3

Started by xavius, January 02, 2015, 04:17:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi,

It has been a long time since I got the time to develop my game but here I am.

I am having difficulties to update from v1.2 to v1.3. I used the map upgrade from the editor but all my maps that contain entities will just crash the editor when loading and without getting any error. I checked further by trying to run them with the game executable. Here is what I get for one map (see attached)

I checked the dat file and got to the lines in question:
switch{
  layer = 0,
  x = 1544,
  y = 1608,
  name = "secret_chest1",
  subtype = "1",
  needs_block = false,
  inactivate_when_leaving = false,
}

The second argument is suppose to be the ground type if I understood correctly. In my map, it is the x position of the entity itself.

What should I do to change this and be compatible with v1.3?

Thank you!

January 02, 2015, 08:03:23 AM #1 Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 08:04:56 AM by Christopho
Hi,
Did the editor say that the upgrade was successful? It seems that your switch "secret_chest_1" still has the old syntax. The old syntax uses subtype = "1" and the new syntax uses subtype = "walkable".

Can you send me your project before and after the upgrade ? I would like to fix your data files, check if the upgrade fails and why, and also why there is a crash (a syntax error in a map file should never crash the editor, but show an error instead).

My god, it has been a long time. Already to version 1.4.2!

I had a computer failure, took me time to get the money to buy a new one.

Yes Christopho, I can send you the project. What is your E-mail? I will give you the link.

Thank you again!

Hi again!
I sent you a personal message with my email adress.