No Scroll Bars on Map Editor/Wheel Click Not Working?

Started by AhemPrema33, December 31, 2021, 08:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello,

I just downloaded the editor today and started playing with it, thank you!

I have searched the forums and have been unable to find the issue I seem to have.
On the map editor window, I do not have any scroll bars (either to the right or underneath.)  Nor can I click and drag with my mouse wheel.  I CAN cntrl and scroll the mouse wheel to zoom - but I can't drag.  Basically I can't move my perspective of the map in any way . . .

Unless I drag the entire program screen to be smaller, at a certain point I get the scroll bar on the bottom, as well as the mouse wheel drag working horizontally - but no matter how I shape the window, I never get the vertical scroll bar.

I imagine there is something very simple I am missing, but I've watched several videos and searched the forums and don't see anything.  Any help would be appreciated!

December 31, 2021, 08:25:41 PM #1 Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 08:28:49 PM by AhemPrema33
Update - I figured it out, though I still hope there is an alternative fix.  I have a fairly large monitor and used the windows 10 scaling feature at 125%.  When I change this back to 100% both scroll bars are there and I can scroll.  I can use it now Yay!

UPDATING this update haha - Turns out that didn't fix the problem . . . The scroll bars still disappear in a full screen window, and even when they are there in a smaller window, they don't scroll as far as they should.  I do think it has something to do with the display settings and my monitor.  I'll keep playing - again, any help is appreciated!

It would be nice to not have to do this.  Doesn't really matter if the scroll bars are present - but that shouldn't need to also make the mouse wheel drag not work as well (I think? lol.)

Thanks!  And hopefully this might help someone else in the future.

Ok final update.  As I assumed it was something silly and obvious that I was missing.  If starting with an overworld map, as I was planning, you have to change the size of the entire map - which I thought referred to the individual screens.  Ok now to have some fun with it lol!

You also can drag and move around maps by holding down the mouses scroll wheel, well that's what mine does  ;)