Hero Run/Dash/Sprint

Started by cabanas.ds, January 05, 2022, 05:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Any idea how to get the hero to dash or run when holding the action button?

There's a built in run function similar to the Zelda series. Just call 'game:set_ability("run", 1)' to enable running similar to that by holding the Action Button. If you want it on an item or something else, I believe it's 'hero:start_running()'.

Quote from: Spikira on January 06, 2022, 05:22:12 AM
There's a built in run function similar to the Zelda series. Just call 'game:set_ability("run", 1)' to enable running similar to that by holding the Action Button. If you want it on an item or something else, I believe it's 'hero:start_running()'.

Thank you, I will give this a go.

I have now realised since the space/action button has a sword power up i should add this to my Y button!

Quote from: Spikira on January 06, 2022, 05:22:12 AM
There's a built in run function similar to the Zelda series. Just call 'game:set_ability("run", 1)' to enable running similar to that by holding the Action Button.

just tried this, it's more of a running attack than a 'running boots' style dash.

kind of cool but still not dash.

I figured it out with help from discord folks.

-- Hero Dash when 'X' Held

function map:on_key_pressed(key)

if key == "x" then
sol.audio.play_sound("jump")
hero:set_walking_speed(200)

end end
function map:on_key_released(key)

if key == "x" then
hero:set_walking_speed(88)

end end

Oh, you're making a increase walking speed kinda dash instead? OK. But if you want something akin to rolling in Minish Cap the link is here: https://forum.solarus-games.org/en/index.php/topic,1161.msg6851.html#msg6851