The Legend of Zelda - Forgotten Legend

Started by ZeldoGames, December 12, 2021, 08:55:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello everybody !

It's been a long time since I didn't post a thread on these forums... don't worry, I'm not dead, I'm always working on some Zelda fangames :P
Unfortunately I left Tower of the Triforce on the side... but to work on another fangame actively... let me introduce you The Legend of Zelda - Forgotten Legend !

Trailer and Download link (beta 0.1): https://youtu.be/sK5d5OFvCBE

In a few words...

This project is again a remake of an old project I never released... it was my first project made with Solarus, when I discovered the engine, back in 2015 !
I'm actively working on the project since april 2021 and I'm currentely working on it, adding new stuff progressively.
You must know that the game is playable in a beta version, that I will update until the final release !
So you can download the game and play it, if you want. There is a download link in the description of the trailer above... this project is in a beta state, so you may encounter bugs, not final stuff, a risk of corrupted savegame with later versions. The beta version is not in English too but I will do an English version for the release 1.0, as I did for my Zeldo's Challenges :)
The game is currently in development and I will give you informations and updates in this thread. The release should be for... later 2022 or 2023 :D

Plot:

Forgotten Legend has for purpose to tell the first hero adventures and the origins of Darkness and Calamity Ganon... Hyrule is in a golden age, that's the opposite of Tower of the Triforce. Zelda called Link, an Hylien who lived among the Kokiris, at Hyrule Castle. You can't refuse the request of Zelda. It's the beginning of a new and epic quest in the Kingdom of Hyrule...

Game design:

The game will be in a pure Zelda spirit with a lot of quests, exploration and dungeons. There will be side quests too and a lot of mecanics inspired by most of the games in the series.

Game duration:

I can't tell you a precise duration for the moment... the beta version has 4 to 6 hours lenght. My final purpose is to make a complete game of 20-30 hours lenght :)

Development progress:

- Main Dungeons: 25%
- Side Dungeons: 10%
- Overworld (mapping): 60%
- Main Quests: 25%
- Side Quests: 10%

Some points are not very precise, maybe I will change them on the future for this category...

Screenshots:

I hope this little preview will be give you some hype for the future release of the game :P don't hesitate to give your advices or impressions on this thread ^^
If you want to play the beta version, don't forget to let me your remarks and observations. I will make for you the best possible gaming experience :D
I will see you soon for further informations :)

Also, sorry for my bad English, I usually speak French so it can be a little complicated to explain some things clearly xD

The Legend of Zelda - Forgotten Legend: Mr. Zeldo Gameplay Demonstration

https://youtu.be/4RdYQBA828M

Get an introduction to game's new contents in this gameplay demonstration of The Legend of Zelda - Forgotten Legend presented by Zeldo's Challenge series producer, Antoine Leuleuxe.