Minish Cap Maps in Solarus

Started by Dianthus, July 10, 2021, 03:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 10, 2021, 03:52:30 PM Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 08:18:28 PM by Dianthus
I have began making the Minish Cap maps in solarus so they are available as resourses for the community.

Here is my progress on some areas:

Main Town - (like 75% done i guess)

Anyway If anyone wants to help just say so. You can your own area to work on. I am currently working on hyrule fields and minish woods.

Good job! This will help a lot for ppl looking to make similar games as they can see the original example.

You are awesome!

Just a picture of my progress on hyrule fields  ;D.

Anyone wants to help remaking all of the Minish Cap Maps in Solarus?

If you want you can get your own area to work on. I am currently working on finishing hyrule fields, houses in the main town and Minish Woods.

I dont know to make a Github project, but its what you guys use for group projects right?  ???

Are you going to release a resource pack for the MC? The last resource pack from the website has not been updated for the last 6 years https://www.solarus-games.org/en/development/resource-packs/the-legend-of-zelda-the-minish-cap

Think it will be easier to just add to that github file rather than make a new one.

Now i just need push access to upload new files i guess. Is GregoryMcGregerson still active? :)

From what remember he said in a post that he is no longer working on the project. We can send him a DM.

I sent him a private message with a link to this thread, hope he will answer soon.

Hello there! Good work on the map!

I am currently working on a Zelda 2 HD pack for Mesen but you are more than welcome to fork the repository and make any changes you wish. I put it up for anyone to use freely or change however they want.

It should have all the tilesets, sound and music in there.

Best of luck to you!

Oh thx to both of you. I have uploaded my progress on Hyrule town and fields. I have also added some of the missing textures in the hyrule town to the tileset (mostly roof top icons for the shops). I am quite impressed with the amount of work you put into making the Minish Cap resourse pack  :)

Thanks for the fast reply Gregory!

I have recently used some of your tiles in my map https://www.dropbox.com/s/gxl8crhp9cy4h0u/Overworld.png?dl=0

(the East part with MC design)

You are awesome!

I love your project Dianthus, can't wait to see it finished. Looks like to make good progress.

You are awesome!

I ran into a problem. For some reason solarus can no longer run my current version of the hyrule town. The laucher does not use it as start destination (even though it is) and if try to enter the town the game crashes. I dont know what causes it as i have only done tile work.  :-\ Anyone can help?

Here is version my current minish cap resourse pack. The map that crashes is Area 02 - HyruleTown/02_00

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ERdHNgE1BqIC9QWGZP5rW802ERLZht9a/view?usp=sharing

The crashing didnt exist two days ago.

July 28, 2021, 09:59:44 PM #13 Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 03:28:27 PM by Dianthus
Apparently the map works again if i change the name of the safe file in the main.lua to:

local game = game_manager:create("save2.dat")

So its some bugged out safe file of some sort.

I dont know if this is a permament fix.

Soon done with Hyrule fields

I am stuck on what do with the water with animations. I struggle to understand how the animations work when comparing Minish Cap ingame and the tileset. Specifically the water edges next to the dirt/grass walls consist of probably two animations, but they dont match any of the tiles in can find.

And I have no idea how to do that grass and, bushes and small trees for now. They are destructibles i figure, with some programmed droprate of rupees, hearts and stuff which i dont know.