First Practice Project Ready to Play!

Started by Nintaku, April 05, 2021, 01:18:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
April 05, 2021, 01:18:02 AM Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 07:15:31 AM by Nintaku
I've taken what I've learned and put it together to create my first ever videogame! It's ready to let people see it, and I'm very excited to see if it works for others and is really in the playable condition I think it's in. And I'm just getting used to GitHub too, after a few years away from it.

The GitHub repository is here: https://github.com/AgentNintaku/perlshaws-problems/

The .solarus is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7cw75fp3m0cgobe/Perlshaws%20Problems.solarus?dl=0

If this is working just fine, my next projects will be somewhat more ambitious.

Yep, played it, completed it, it was nice  :) Congrats on finishing!

I don't know anything about Solarus (yet) but:
When I ran solarus in the same folder as the game's quest.dat, it worked.
But when I tried loading the quest in the Solarus Quest Editor, and tried to 'Add Quest', it wouldn't load until I moved quest.dat and project-db.dat into the /data/ folder.
After that, the quest loaded fine. (This is using the source code, not the .solarus file)

Other than that, no bugs, everything was straightforward and easy to understand/play.  ;D

That's wonderful, thank you! I haven't had a lot of time for development this last month or so, but I'm glad this test run was good. Once I can crack back into my next project, I plan on incorporating a lot of what I did here to ensure a smooth adventure.

Thank you for playing!

When searching for a cv writing service reviews, be sure to read unbiased evaluations since even if someone doesn't like something about an essay writing service, they will certainly write it. As a result, they will not hesitate to update the review.

I was just wondering how lonk it took you to do this little game ? It was fun for sure !
But I guess the end is when you have de tunic right ?

Continue the good work :D