Feature Request: Emulator (Or Similar) Readable Format

Started by Levi, August 26, 2018, 11:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Soooooo...   I have a couple of devices that I can play roms and such on, via emulation - and that's where I have controllers, gamepads, etc.   I suspect that a great many people, especially now that there are people using S/NES minis with Hakchi, are in the same circumstances.

Which means that while I can (and am) playing these games by keyboard, I'd be ecstatic if they were available in rom form or some other filetype that an emulator could theoretically read.  For that matter, if Solarus could export projects as such files, I'd be extremely tempted to use it for making my own; I feel like an audience would be there ready-made, you know?

1) Solarus is not an emulator, so your request makes no sense.
2) Solarus is multiplatform, so you can play in any device (if you get the compiled engine for that OS).
"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you."

Quote from: Diarandor on August 27, 2018, 11:25:58 AM
1) Solarus is not an emulator, so your request makes no sense.

He's just asking if you can play Solarus games on an emulator. Which, although I don't know how it'd be done, you can. I built a raspberry pi emulator running RetroPie, and somewhere along the line I ended up with a couple Solarus games on it, Mask of Solarus and Return of the Hylian. That's actually the reason I decided to give the Solarus engine a try, because I knew somehow, these games can run on RetroPie.

No idea how that works though. I was hoping someone who knows better than me about publishing a playable game with Solarus (as like an exe or something) would answer so I could learn too, lol.

I still don't see the aim of this. You can play Solarus on any OS and use controllers and gamepads, or am I wrong?
"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you."

Quote from: Diarandor on August 28, 2018, 02:01:38 AM
I still don't see the aim of this. You can play Solarus on any OS and use controllers and gamepads, or am I wrong?
No you're not.

@Levi, solarus has native controller support. If you're trying to use the d-pad on a controller and it's not working, try using the Left stick. The in game button mappings for a joystick default to the left stick being the movement option.
This signature was way too long before, but now it's short!
Also, I am Still Alive!
On ad Off I go!

Do you ever get the feeling that the fandom of a product(s) ruin the potential that you could have had to enjoy the product?

Quote from: Diarandor on August 28, 2018, 02:01:38 AM

You're wrong, I can't play Solarus using my fridge

Quote from: MetalZelda on September 02, 2018, 12:02:01 PM
You're wrong, I can't play Solarus using my fridge

Damn it!  >:(

Ended up buying an android-compatible gamepad (my previous ones were tied to a custom retropie and a hacked SNES Mini), so...   At least as the OP, I've now got access to playing it with a pad, as Glob intended.