Any news on Oni Link Begins SE?

Started by Raven495, June 07, 2018, 03:44:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello there, I am new to this forum, but not to the Zelda ROTH trilogy. All three games are pretty good and I have been playing the originals of late. I am just curious as to the status of the SE remake of OLB and by extension TTT. I can understand that it must take a long time because, if I am not mistaken, because a new engine is being implemented the whole game has to be built from scratch. I am a little surprised, however, that there is very little talk at all of the progress of the sequel on this forum.

Don't think I am impatient. I waited a long time for even ROTH to get the remake so i can wait again. Just wondering if there is any news, good or bad, about it.

OLB SE is well advanced, all outside and dungeon maps are done (but not all scripting).
I am not sure when it is finished though, because we are working on a lot of projects at the same time, in particular the 1.6 release.

The team and collaborators are now working mainly on the engine and editor, shaders, new pixel art, a (secret) new website, and the projects "A Link to the Dream" and "Children of Solarus". The projects OLB-SE and Mercuris Chest are in pause mode for now.
"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you."

That's exciting news. I've only just recently stumbled across the Solarus site again since last time I visited nothing changed much (as in, no new games released) Currently, I'm in the middle of both Time to Triumph and Mystery of Solarus DX. It;s great to see people like you guys making these games. Sad thing is publicity is low...but that might be a good thing in some respects.

And "Mercuris Chess XD2" was translated into English on April. It's the best mini-fangame of the team.
"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you."