.midi / .spc to .it format ?

Started by MetalZelda, March 30, 2018, 11:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello.

I have a bunch of mid files that I have in my computer, with various changes done to the soundfont (If you don't understand then check this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UwhEyxFrns) and I plan to use the sol.audio.set_music_channel_volume(channel, volume) for various things (time of day based music, environment stuffs)

However, there's few, if no, no real tutorial on how this can be achieved. There is a spc to it that works but there's some problems on some sustained note but works great, there's none for mid but i'm pretty sure it's feasible.

Any idea ?

March 31, 2018, 10:44:59 AM #1 Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 10:50:48 AM by PhoenixII54
For your MIDI files, you can try using OpenMP. Just open your file, then fix instruments if needed, and export it as IT file, with instruments integration.
Hope it will help.

For SPC files, i don't know of another solution other than the one you used, sorry.
Edit : After some thoughts, you can do it with SPC files too : once you have your converted IT files, you can modify them in OpenMPT and fix sustained keypresses.

sol.audio.set_music_channel_volume() only works for .IT musics.

Quote from: Christopho on March 31, 2018, 01:34:47 PM
sol.audio.set_music_channel_volume() only works for .IT musics.

Yeah, I know that, that's why I wanted some info on how to convert a mid or spc to it, PhoenixII54's solution works