project of MMO

Started by simeonsurferig, March 15, 2018, 10:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello everybody

Yes, you ave correctly read, i have a project for a MMO with solarus game engine, but, I need help ;D!
If you want to participate, join me on discord! https://discord.gg/DhdvkE5

obligation:

• be good in coding/design/music/scnenerial
  • can speak a little french (sorry, i'm french and my english is not very good :-[)
  • have time (for this project particulary)

preference:

• be very good at french or be french
  • friendly
  • worker

for information, I chose to use the online system create by stdgregwar and my project is a little demented

March 17, 2018, 04:45:06 AM #1 Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 04:47:13 AM by Max
Hello! I don't speak french, so someone else might be able to better communicate nuance in my response, sorry.

Your project is a cool idea, and I hope it goes well! I have a little advice- I have been a part of game design forums for a long time. In general, very few people will want to spend their free time (most of us don't have a lot) on an unproven project. If you work hard on your project yourself for a while, and then present your request for help along with proof-of-concept things like a basic demo, art, screenshots, etc., you are MUCH more likely to get assistance. Additionally, when you show that you're trying to get started yourself, people are often willing to help you out with the smaller problems you will encounter. For example, I wouldn't sign up to an unproven project to be the composer, but if you were trying to write a song and wanted advice or feedback on your work, I'd be happy to provide that!

Based on my personal experience, I would never commit to a project like this that the director hasn't been working on for a least a year. I've seen many, many projects start and become abandoned, I imagine lots of the people who could help you have seen that also. Generally when you ask for help like this, someone who has seen the abandoned projects will give you this advice, but nobody said anything over the past couple days so I thought I'd be that person, haha. So my advice is, get started yourself! Maybe in a year or so, people will want to join your team if nobody does now.

On a related note, I see that you started a project called Explorer: The Atlantis Journey a couple years ago. How is that coming along?

Best of luck with your project : )

Quote from: simeonsurferig on March 15, 2018, 10:48:48 PM
Yes, you ave correctly read
I don't think so... :-X XD

I fully agree with Max. To create a team you need to prove that it's worth it and that this is not another project that will be abandoned. You should show your skills and what you have done so far with some videos or images. Did you really abandon the project "Explorer: The Atlantis Journey"?
"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you."

Explorer is not abandoned, but I work with my family and there is many problem, so I work on other project.
And this game is an idea, who are hard (because that the first mmo create with solarus and in this type (it is not clear because it would be difficult to explain in writing), so thats what its cool if you can help me, thanks you very much

Ok, I understand. I hope you will find someone who can help you with this project, because MMO are cool. :D
"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you."