Need help with sound effects.

Started by CarlB, December 02, 2017, 12:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
December 02, 2017, 12:49:52 PM Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 12:51:32 PM by CarlB
I need your advices. I'm finishing my new project and i want that my game have good sound effects.At the past i neve have deals with sound in games.(in games which i make with my friends) . So i found some legal packs :
1 https://www.lucidsamples.com/sound-effects-packs/30-large-fx-collection.html?search_query=sound+effects&results=158
2 http://www.thesoundkeeper.com/dark-sci-fi-ui-sound-pack
These packs are really not bad.But they cost more than 50 dollars.This is crazy.Pls write at the comments sites with cheap( about 10 dollars) prices. Don't write link on illigal sound effects.

If you want 16-bit sounds, sfxr and bfxr are good programs to create them. I usually use sfxr, but bfxr has more options. You can convert (and/or edit) the wav files into ogg format with other programs, like Audacity. To compose 16-bit chiptunes, Famitracker is a good option, but it takes some time to learn it and you may need to look for decent tutorials or examples made by others. Famitracker can be used too for more complex sounds that you cannot do with sfxr/bfxr, and later you can edit them with Audacity.
"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you."

Quote from: Diarandor on December 02, 2017, 03:33:37 PM
If you want 16-bit sounds, sfxr and bfxr are good programs to create them. I usually use sfxr, but bfxr has more options. You can convert (and/or edit) the wav files into ogg format with other programs, like Audacity. To compose 16-bit chiptunes, Famitracker is a good option, but it takes some time to learn it and you may need to look for decent tutorials or examples made by others. Famitracker can be used too for more complex sounds that you cannot do with sfxr/bfxr, and later you can edit them with Audacity.
Thx for advice!