Ancient Stone Tablets?

Started by tripdering, September 18, 2017, 06:56:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
So I -just- found this place today, and downloaded Solarus and a few of the games available... but I was wondering: on prepackaged games (i.e. MoS DX) is it still possible to change assets (like changing sprite images, etc.)?

I would love to be able to play as the heroine from BS Zelda: Ancient Stone Tablets instead of Link.

I have a spritesheet of her but I'm not sure how to properly make a resource pack out of that. Any tips?

Yes. Open the projects with the Quest Editor. You need to replace the corresponding sprite images and data files in the data folder. Check Christopho's tutorials to learn more about it. It is not very hard. You can ask here if you need some help.
"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you."

Changing the hero sprite is hard though, because there are actually several sprites (body, sword, shield...) and a lot of different animations for each sprite.

I think the word that best describes it is "annoying". Not too hard but really annoying.
"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you."

Ok now to hunt down this tutorial. I don't mind spending a while in paint or something making sure the sprites align right. Just wanted to know if it were actually possible.