Chests Game Bug

Started by Nivek TT, October 25, 2020, 06:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm playing version version 1.12.2 via the Solarus package of Retropie on a Raspberry Pi 4. I'm at the chests game accessed via the Wooden Key and the NPC isn't appearing. I can open the chests, they're empty and I get the incorrect puzzle sound. Without the NPC it seems I can't play the chests game so can't progress any further in the game. Can anyone help?

You need to finish dungeon 6 first.

October 30, 2020, 08:07:12 PM #2 Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 08:26:14 PM by Nivek TT
If you mean Inferno's Daedalus then I have completed this dungeon - got the golden gloves and defeated Drakomos.

I can see the save1.dat file on my Retropie console which I can edit via a text editor. Anyway I can edit that and cheat my way to the Wooden Key and the Piece of Heart #20? I'd really just like to progress and see the rest of this wonderful game.

EDIT: I must apologise. I worked my way back through Inferno's Daedalus to find the boss still waiting for me. Can only assume I hadn't saved after defeating him first time around. Now the NPC has appeared... and I'm feeling rather silly!