Just a few questions from a humble newbie

Started by MonteCrysto, April 04, 2020, 11:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi every one, I just registered a few minutes ago ^^
I would like to create a "demake" of tloz Twilight Princess, and I am a complete noob in making games, so I 1 it won't be out any time soon ^^', and 2 I'd have a few questions if you may allow me :

1. Given the style, what size would you make the tiles/sprites in order for it to look good ? (I want to avoid to use any Toon Link ones, they don't quite fit to this game)

2. Would you rather use the original ost, a more "snes sounding" arrangement I could make or even a re-orchestration that would sound better than the original ?

Thanks in advance to those who will listen to me humble request, in my quest-making quest ^^ (that's a lot of quests over there...)

The first thing I would do is watch Christopho's tutorials and make a small sample quest! Although it is for Solarus 1.5 most of the information is the same. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzJ4jb-Y0ufxwkj7IlfURcvCxaDCSecJY

Yes I wanted to watch the toturials but I saw the new one was coming and I thought it would be a lot more different, I'll be sure to check !

And I was planning to do some tests, I am a complete noob  ^^'

Thanks for the reply :)