Intro Zelda Alttp Help!

Started by Tulk, June 14, 2017, 08:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 14, 2017, 08:14:36 PM Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 09:14:19 PM by Tulk
Hello guys, I have some questions.

Is there a way to reproduce this?:

1) A random movement around the axis of object (triforce)- or 90 degrees) until the center of the screen on diagonal in a progression scale.

2) Put an image in front of the other when the object (triforce) finished the movement.

3) Import a video file on any format to solarus engine?

Video:

1)  0:04 - 0:10 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC0KIrKIEYM&t=31s

2) 0:12 - 0:14 seconds.

June 14, 2017, 09:19:44 PM #1 Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 09:28:12 PM by Diarandor
Quote from: Tulk on June 14, 2017, 08:14:36 PM
Hello guys, I have some questions.

Is there a way to reproduce this?:

1) A random movement around the axis of object (triforce)- or 90 degrees) until the center of the screen on diagonal in a progression scale.

2) Put an image in front of the other when the object (triforce) finished the movement.

3) Import a video file on any format to solarus engine?

Video:

1)  0:04 - 0:10 seconds.

2) 0:12 - 0:14 seconds.

1) This will be doable when Christopho codes the get/set_pixels functions for the engine, which will allow us to draw things with pixel precision. In this case, since the form is not too complex, it can be coded (the code is not trivial, but it is doable if you are good with math: you may need to use rotation matrices and then compute the 2D projection); if you need help for this code, just ask for help in the forum.

Actually it can already be done by brute force if you draw all the intermediate images of the triangles, but I do not recommend to do that this way since it would take too much time and you would need a png image that might be huge (if there are too many different frames).

2) This is not a problem. You can draw surfaces above or below other surfaces.

3) As far as I know, this is completely impossible now. But maybe Christopho will add new features for this in future versions of the engine. You could open an issue on github in order to request this feature.

EDIT: by the way, why so much endeavor for something that is so hard to do and already copyrighted (the triforce)? Better to make something completely original and create new games, don't you agree? This community needs that.
"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you."

I wanted to do something like this, because I'm creating a remake of Zelda Alttp just for studies and I have to now a video archive too maked with clipmaker and to learn more and more. By the way, this is my code for now that I did for intro of zelda remake:

local title_screen = {}

local nintendo_presents = sol.surface.create("menus/titlescreen3.png")
local triforce_img = sol.surface.create("menus/triforce2.png")
local triforce_img2 = sol.surface.create("menus/triforce3.png")
local triforce_img3 = sol.surface.create("menus/triforce4.png")
local logo = sol.surface.create("menus/SubTitle.png")

local logo = sol.surface.create("menus/logo.png")

local movement = sol.movement.create("straight")
movement:set_speed(44)
movement:set_angle(3 * math.pi / 2)
movement:set_max_distance(312)
movement:start(triforce_img)

local movement2 = sol.movement.create("straight")
movement2:set_speed(54)
movement2:set_angle(0)
movement2:set_max_distance(315.8)
movement2:start(triforce_img2)

local movement3 = sol.movement.create("straight")
movement3:set_speed(54)
movement3:set_angle(2 * math.pi / 2)
movement3:set_max_distance(315.8)
movement3:start(triforce_img3)

function title_screen:on_draw(dst_surface)

nintendo_presents:draw(dst_surface, 100, 200)
  triforce_img:draw(dst_surface, 145, -240)
  triforce_img2:draw(dst_surface, -155, 100)
  triforce_img3:draw(dst_surface, 445, 100)
end

How can I reproduce draw surface above or below other surfaces in this code just when triforce's have their movement complete?

The draw function allows to draw a surface over another one, so just change the order you are drawing things.

Aminemax is doing a remake of Alttp too, and he already did most of the maps, I think, but he cannot code because he is not a programmer. Maybe you can join forces with him by doing the coding part (enemies, bosses, weapons, cutscenes, etc).
"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you."

I'll looking at this with him later. In relation to the image I would like do to after triforce animation. I dunno what's wrong. If I put after a draw image, its appear even before the triforce's animation complete. =/