Author Topic: (suggestion) color palettes and palette swapping?  (Read 522 times)

Shadowblitz16

• View Profile
(suggestion) color palettes and palette swapping?
« on: June 14, 2017, 05:12:09 am »
can the devs add in color palettes and color swapping in solarus? it would be very nice to reduce the amount of sprites someone needs in there game

MetalZelda

• View Profile
Re: (suggestion) color palettes and palette swapping?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 01:00:14 pm »
It is already planned as pixel modification

Diarandor

• Cats are cool! (ΦωΦ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 07:00:21 pm »
Yes. In future versions it will be possible to access the pixels with functions get/set_pixel for drawables (surfaces and sprites), and with that you can easily code your own functions to modify the colors and do many other cool stuff. I guess that you will have to wait another year, more or less, until Christopho codes that.

What do you mean by color palettes?
“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”

Neovyse

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 07:20:06 pm »
I believe he's talking about palette swapping: http://wargroove.com/palette-swapping/

froggy77

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 08:14:42 pm »
Thanks to the team, it will be a tremendous improvement.
I believe he's talking about a colorful array of donuts, ... a palette pallet of donuts  ;D

« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 08:17:15 pm by froggy77 »

Diarandor

• Cats are cool! (ΦωΦ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2017, 09:04:23 pm »
I believe he's talking about palette swapping: http://wargroove.com/palette-swapping/

Ok, but for that I think that making new variants for the sprites is probably better (not a Solarus issue), unless there is too much customization and the number of sprites is huge... in that case it should better be done with code and the get/set_pixel functions.
“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”