Author Topic: How to add an "opening" animation for chests?  (Read 307 times)

Diarandor

• Cats are cool! (ΦωΦ)
    • View Profile
Re: How to add an "opening" animation for chests?
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2017, 10:19:14 am »
You will need to do something similar for NPCs, and many other types of interactions with other entities (switches, carried entities, etc). That is a lot of work.

Zefk

• Just helping Solarus
    • View Profile
    • Zelzec Business
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2017, 05:52:14 pm »
The switch I have already basically done, but only for stepping on. I do not plan to make all the entities except for when it is simple or when I need it for animation purposes. I probably will not have a second player feature because it is not something I want with my games, but in some cases simple second player features can be useful.  For example, when you want an entity to step on a switch or to move a block that can only be pushed from their side.

froggy77

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2017, 11:30:56 am »
Thanks for the time spent. I just needed advice, not a brainstorming.  ;)
I would like to use the editor to create the chest normally; maybe it could be disabled and replaced by an entity during the opening and at the end enabled to appear when completely opened. I will try to write a script even I lost my poor level in lua.

MetalZelda

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2017, 05:48:03 pm »
I did posted the solution on page 1, it does replace the default chest by a custom entity, you might do some tweaks to make it properly work to your needs though