Random Free Art

Started by Zefk, December 31, 2016, 10:42:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
December 31, 2016, 10:42:07 AM Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 06:00:34 AM by Zefk
Pixel art: Switches, crystals, crystal blocks, and star sparkles (CC0)

I made these just now. I needed them for the book project. Free to use under CC0. The dat files are in the zip.

Edit: Fixed some errors.

Alternative Download:
entities

December 31, 2016, 08:28:19 PM #1 Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 09:54:30 PM by Zefk
I needed these for the book project. I found one long CC0 clock sound online, looped it, got rid of the massive amount of horrid static, and slowed one down a little for the timer. They sound pretty good now. Not one bit of static. None that I can hear anyway. Free to use under CC0.

Alternative Download:
timer_sounds

I will soon make my own graphics for these too. My crystals are already done, but since they are animated maybe they don't work properly...
"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you."

@Diarandor
I think my crystals look plain.

I added a few color variations. Some have more contrast or dodged overlays. I updated the first post for entities.zip. (added the images to it)

Unlucky Studio has been releasing a lot of free graphics over the years for sidescroller and topdown car graphics. About 14 hours ago they released car sidescroller graphics (No credit required) to subscribers. It will probably be on the site sometime. I am not sure if they have anything for ARPG games though.
http://unluckystudio.com/

January 08, 2017, 10:01:16 AM #5 Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 11:48:27 PM by Zefk
I used web archive to find the graphics from gamepoetry. Lucky find. http://web.archive.org/web/20110225070311/http://www.gamepoetry.com/blog/2008/06/27/free-rpg-tilesheets/

They look gorgeous. The Author is "urbansquall". Download them at the link above. There are more than in the preview below.

January 29, 2017, 07:38:09 PM #6 Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 11:23:37 PM by Zefk
Update: Seems he deleted his YouTube or is no longer giving graphics freely.

I found some more free art. This time it is some really nice looking spaceships.

You can download them at the YouTube video. Remember to credit the author, "Clonix Impression." He made the graphics with a software called,"Real Draw Pro."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V6PXEAV-io

You should always mention explicitly the author and license when posting free art, and if possible, some link to the original source (as you did here). (For games, just add this info to some license.txt file.)

It is very important to give credit properly to the author(s), and for that, that info has to be given, always.
"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you."

January 29, 2017, 09:00:58 PM #8 Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 09:18:14 PM by Zefk
Quote from: Diarandor on January 29, 2017, 08:52:36 PM
You should always mention explicitly the author and license when posting free art, and if possible, some link to the original source (as you did here). (For games, just add this info to some license.txt file.)

It is very important to give credit properly to the author(s), and for that, that info has to be given, always.

The "download" link is not mine. It is hosted by the author. I will just post the source link with now on. It will avoid misunderstandings.

I always include credit info when I host something.

Ok, no problem then. But it is always good to remember these things for new users of the forum. :P

March 25, 2017, 11:55:33 PM #10 Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 11:07:03 PM by Zefk
I modified gwes CC0 skull shield into the following animation shield files:

loading.shield1.png
stopped.shield.png
sword.shield1.png
sword_tapping.shield.png
walking.shield.png

More information in the credit file.

Preview:

Download:
Download
Alternative Download