Total noob here, need some help.

Started by marioguy20, March 09, 2017, 03:29:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I discovered this program recently through a friend, and I'm not exactly savvy with game making engines, so I'm going to be posting often lol.

The first two questions I have so far:

How do I upload a sprite for a hero?

Is it possible to change the way you place tiles? Id rather do one tile at a time per click, instead of the default way of clicking and dragging.

Hope someone could help, thanks  :)

To make a new hero sprite either load a pre configured one into the sprites folder in your pc.
Or much easier, go to the sprites section in the quest editor and find hero, then select the animation eg walking and there will be a box underneath telling you the png name, click the box next to it and find the png you want instead, if the sprite is a different size then you'll need to mess about with the sizes and the origin (the png you want to use must be in the sprites folder) I found it easier to use the png's already set and draw my pictures over the top in the right place, otherwise your hero could have a shield through his face constantly or be a pixel away from a block hes trying to pull like i did at one point

As for the 2nd question do you mean just repeating the tile? If so you just right click. Theres no need for dragging, click the tile in the tileset and the place with left and place repeatable with right. R will resize the tile

Hopefully this helps