[UPDATE] Absolute Hyrule Map Package: ADT Alpha Floor Tiles

Started by ffomega, January 28, 2017, 03:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Also, since the topic of errors has been brought up again, I would like to point out this tileset error in all of the dungeon tilesets.
Which should look like,
The red circle highlighting the issue. The outer corner lower cave walls use the incorrect tiling from the walls. (using the middle tile layer instead of the bottom.)
This signature was way too long before, but now it's short!
Also, I am Still Alive!
On ad Off I go!

Do you ever get the feeling that the fandom of a product(s) ruin the potential that you could have had to enjoy the product?

March 01, 2017, 11:50:49 PM #31 Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 11:55:07 PM by Christopho
I don't love solutions 2 and 3 because the whole point of ffomega's tilesets is to allow a wide choice of colors. Both for the ground and the castle.
For houses, it is true that some specialized color patterns exist, with just this idea.

Maybe another option is:
4) Adjust graphics such that no 8x8 part would have any transparency conflict. Concretely, we could fill the corners with black. It looks acceptable to me:

I have an unrelated other remark about these tiles. I think the darker contour color should be opaque (or almost opaque). Giving a result more like this:

The result is much better. The yellow color seems to really belong to the tiles, instead of looking like a global yellow filter over the whole thing. (Again, this is still assuming that I am using the correct technique!)

In any case, all these semi-transparent tiles associated with a lot of possible palette choices allow a huge number of combination. This is  really a brillilant idea. I am very impressed from what I have seen so far using these tilesets!

Quote from: Christopho on March 01, 2017, 06:06:45 PM
But that is not possible. The yellow pixels come from the big yellow mask I am adding under the semi-transparent castle tiles:

I need to colorize the corners to yellow, except a few pixels.

I don't know if I am using the correct technique, but if yes, I don't see a solution to this problem.

Actually this is precisely how the concept is meant to be used Chris :)

While it is unfortunate that you must stack tiles to achieve the desired affect, it opens up a wide, almost infinite level of possibilities for creativity.  But now you can see why I decided not to do this with the Absolute Dungeon tileset, as stacking would have been far worse with how intricate all the tiles are.

I took your advice Chris, and darkened the boarders around the external castle tiles.  I also filled in the transparent space on the corners of the castle walls.  I also corrected all the tilesets' lower layer inverse corner patterns.

Thanks for alerting me to the errors guys!! :3
My tilesets page can be found here:
http://absolute-hyrule-tutorials.solarus-games.org/

Thanks for the quick response ffomega!
Did you update the downloads? Because I don't see the fixes when downloading the tilesets.

yeah I updated the transparent castle tiles to have a darker, less transparent trim.  Or were you wanting that to be completely opaque? If so that still won't be a problem to implement...maybe I was unclear by your request? :)

March 02, 2017, 04:11:19 PM #35 Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 04:15:09 PM by Christopho
I mean that I downloaded the package again and I don't see the fixes we are talking about.

I double checked the tileset just now, and even downloaded the copy on my site to ensure it was the correct one.

The borders around the outside castle tile patterns are colored in now.  If I recall in an earlier post, you suggested that the corners of the patterns be filled in so the tile pattern underneath it would be less obvious.  You also suggested I color in the darkest color of the patterns to a darker, less transparent, or more opaque color to allow the patterns to stand out more.

The darkest color was indeed darkened.  If you prefer we can change it to a solid color instead.  As far as I remembered (having read through the entire post again), did I miss something that you said needed fixed? >__< Apologies, but I am not understanding.

Also, if you'd like to discuss this and any other matters regarding my tileset in real time, you may add me via skype!! I am almost always online, and have a rather erratic sleep schedule at times

Another very slight error:

The pattern door_cache.2-5 should be flipped horizontally.

Oh...wow I actually never noticed that lol

See when I edited certain patterns at the discovery of an error, I simply inverted the patterns without realoizing those very minute pixel differences.  I will change this and then upload the new file to the new location.

HOPEFULLY this time, when I update the new image, the new package will contain the new versions of all the tiles.  if not, then I will add the new images to the server individually so you can update what you need as you need it.

Just a heads up however, today marks the release of Breath of the Wild and I preordered a copy so if it comes in, I might be a little harder to reach xD

I found another small mistake:

There are two erroneous dark lines on the left of 2 closed doors here.

March 08, 2017, 12:32:36 AM #40 Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 07:18:59 AM by ffomega
Absolute Hyrule Maps Pack

Okay, I fixed the door patterns as well as removed the stray pixels in the entities sheets.

I have also updated the link to the package to reflect the new webspace.

March 09, 2017, 12:39:29 PM #42 Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 12:49:21 PM by Boydie
Whenever I download it, it just says the file is corrupt & won't let me extract...
Any help please...

EDIT: I fixed this...

But how do I add them??

I am trying to make a beach with your absolute outside tileset. Here is what I was able to do:

I would like to at least reproduce the same sand tiles as in A Link to the Past. I think I found them in the tileset:

It does not give a great result next to diagonal water. Do you think there is a solution to that? (I don't think so, since there is the same problem in the ALTTP desert)

March 11, 2017, 06:04:16 PM #44 Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 11:06:19 AM by ffomega

I decided to add 8 new patterns that should fix the beach sand patterns.  It's just the same 2 patterns split into 4 parts each.

I hope that helps :)