Two small questions...

Started by Benoit, January 26, 2017, 02:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi everyone !

I've got 2 small questions, here they are :

1) Noob question : how to change the first map appearing in the game ? I actually started to map a dungeon, beginning by the last room of it, and I haven't find any way to modify it...

2) Do you mind if an update of the written tutorials (english and french) will be done ?

That's it, thank you for answers.

I can only answer your first question:
http://www.solarus-games.org/doc/1.5/lua_api_game.html#lua_api_game_set_starting_location
If you don't know where to use that function, check the scripts of the finished games (in the github repositories).
Also, don't hesitate to ask here if you have any other problem.
"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you."

1) There should already be a call to game:set_starting_location() somewhere. Normally I do it in from scripts/initial_game.lua, but I don't know how you created your quest.
2) We don't have the time/manpower for now. But the existing documentation is very detailed.

The written tutorials are on the wiki explicitly because they can be modified by whoever wants to complete/continue them. So, it's obvious but if anyone wants to continue them, they can easily :)

OK, I finally found how to do.

Chris, the existing documentation is very detailled, obviously, but some things may be added, I think, like examples for use of each function (look how it's made on cplusplus.com, to have an idea).

Furthermore, a tutorial may as well be very useful, 'cause some users don't know the whole API content. Eventually, I'll try to do something for the tutorials on the website when I'll be able to.

Basic functions like game:set_starting_location() don't need an example of use, they are clear. Anyway, the examples of use are in the tutorials, written or in video.