Advanced Digit Display Script

Started by Zefk, November 07, 2016, 12:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
November 07, 2016, 12:43:47 PM Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 06:56:51 PM by Zefk
About:
This script display numbers from font packages and the use of image files as numbers. This script is better than my old one. I will attach old script here too. I never released it, but it was used in my previous bank script.

Download Demo_v1:

Download Script_v2: (Not much different, just removed unneeded code.)
Advanced Digit Display Script_v2

Features:
1.Use bitmaps(png,etc) for numbers or any alien numbering system images
2.Use of sol.text_suface for font packages (Any Solarus compatible font package you want)
3.The script has a limit of 9 number places.
4.The ability to position or change coordinates of the numbers, money sign, and background to
different locations on the screen.
5.Easy to change! Go down to the comment, "CHANGE SETTINGS AREA:" at the beginning of the script.
6.The ability to show multiple different backgrounds or money signs.
7.A RGB color reference comment list at the end of the script
8.The ability to easily change the font in, "CHANGE SETTINGS AREA:."
9.Easily change the font color in, "CHANGE SETTINGS AREA:." Uses RGB color, so check the reference
list at the end of the script.
10.Easily change the font size in, "CHANGE SETTINGS AREA:."
11.Limiter money bag example in, "CHANGE SETTINGS AREA:."
12.The ability to turn off the display. It might be annoying always being on the screen..
13.The ability to add certain amount of zeros you want before your numbers for the place value.
For the thousand place it would be four(4). EX: 5 gold = 0005 (otherwise no zeros will be shown with zero(0))

YouTube Preview:

Gif preview: (I like how the glitch looks, no lag, lots of frames missing)

What now?
I am going to go clean up my new Advanced Input Script and have it input up to a billion. After that....the new bank script!

Just by curiosity, why does the game appear with those weird colors in your gif?
"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you."

November 07, 2016, 02:16:04 PM #2 Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 02:34:52 PM by Zefk
Silentcast ( A gif making Linux program) crashes on large gifs. That leaves a lot of png images behind with an incomplete gif. I use the rm *[135790].png command in the terminal to remove about a hundred png and make a gif out of them in GIMP. I overlay the Silentcast gif and the one made in Gimp causing the glitch graphic effect.

My thought for the cause is that gimp is not totally compatible with the gif made by Silentcast or the importing of the crash made gif causes a glitch.