Rip the tiles from Graal Classic

Started by MetalZelda, October 16, 2016, 02:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello !

As you might know, iPhone users have a good Online Zelda-like game called Graal Classic
The ressource used is based on A Link To The Past as well, every thing (characters, tiles) are from ALTTP with personnal modifications, and I am here to discuss about ripping all of Graal Classic ressources, it include more options then the default ALTTP tiles.
We could use them to expand the ALTTP ressource pack

What do you think ?

I don't know these graphics, but every contribution is welcome. It could be in the ALTTP pack or in a new pack if there are many new/different things.

I took the liberty of uploading the little bit that I preserved from Graal.  I unfortunately lost most of the assets.  These will have to be resized to fit within Solarus, but I hope this helps :)

My tilesets page can be found here:
http://absolute-hyrule-tutorials.solarus-games.org/

It might be possible to rip the entire Graal's graphic database straight from the IOS application, through iFunBox or something similar
If I remember well, nothing is converted into a un-readable format in the ipa file

Anyway thanks ffomega, this is a nice contibution :)

It is incredible how close these graphics are from ALTTP graphics. But I like more ALTTP graphics, which in my opinion have a far superior quality in certain sense (IMO, the graphics from Graal Classic have less details and seem more plain, although they are ok).
"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you."

Graal was originally a Zelda re-make, before they got a take down notice from Nintendo and changed the graphical style enough to comply. This was back when it was on PC long before iPhone (I actually didn't realize it was on iPhone!). I also don't think the graphics are that impressive, they just scaled them up from the original Zelda ones without increasing the quality much, but all additional resources for Solarus are useful!

Quote from: wrightmat on December 10, 2016, 07:12:48 PM
... but all additional resources for Solarus are useful!

I completely agree  :D
"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you."