Thumbs up

Started by Wuzzy2, July 21, 2019, 06:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I have known this game for years now but never managed to complete it until recently. I think it was because I was stuck in the game because a critical chest in Hyrule Castle did not appear, but this bug seems to be fixed a long time ago now and I managed to proceed. ANYWAY ...

It was great fun, and a lot of the other games you offer on the homepage are great, too (I have written a few rewiews already).

The game is very polished, and there's not much I can complain about. Which is very rare if you know me ... It certainly gives back memories to ALTTP. I can't remember if there's anything to complain, really, it's been a few weeks since I completed it. One thing which goes into my mind right now is that the fish creatures near the secret tower do not jump/flop like actual fish, they creep on the ground which just looks wrong. But it's a very minor thing. Maybe there's other things, but I can't remember.

The overworld is great, the dungeons are great, pretty much everything about this game is just fun. It's basically just like ALTTP. Maybe it has not as much depth and content as ALTTP but that's perfectly fine. A game does not have to be very long to be great. I consider "Awesome per Second" to be an important metic. ;-)

The world design feels pretty well thought-out. There is nothing in the world that seems out of place. Everything seems to have its place, which I consider very important. There are no "WTF" moments or areas where I think there's something missing or incomplete. I have seen so many games which fail HARD in this area. I have no idea how much time it took to design the whole world, tile-by-tile, but I assume it was not very short. ;)

I have completed the game (obviously), but I have not found all the secrets. But probably most of them. No idea if I ever will find them all. But I like the dungeon design as well, and the underground river, and those little secrets everywhere.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks for this nice little (ok, not so little) game! Thumbs up!

Is there even a complete list of secrets somewhere?
Hi!

@Alvinser: Maybe open up a new thread so the community can collect all secrets together? :D

There is now a complete walkthrough if you don't want to miss anything!